Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Foaming VP -2009 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
yep. the hole in them is where the bolt that holds the rockers down goes though

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Got those springs and retainers in, I can't have a picture of the manifold untill the lid goes on it :p but that's about as far as I've got. Next job on my list is the cam.... Then manifold... Then heads. It has to be in that order. I'll have to start to hurry up a bit because November is not far away

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
hi foam, will those spring retainers fit stock springs or do they only suit a specific spring??

EDIT - v v v Thanks for that jason

Last edited:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yes only a specific size spring, but it just happens to be stock and LT1 sized springs that they fit :), those are 10 degree retainers tho, there's another part number for the normal 7 degree locks in that spring size. The LT1 springs I got are identical to the stock spring, same exact spring as far as I can tell

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I'd like to remove another 20kgs from the car before then also.

After reading your whole thread again, THIS is the bit that grabbed my eye :p

Where on EARTH do you intend to find another twenty kilos? I'd like to see that! hahaha

It's so good to finally see this coming together after years of planning and accumulation of parts. You've talked about it for so long - I still can't believe the car is off the road getting a cam :) Every night I think about your car doing g-tech runs up and down Mortons Road north of Heywood, but it's not! It's sitting in the garage having open heart surgery :p

Have you been taking detailed pics of the whole process? You should write a book, 'cause I bet there's no better list of parts to buy for a 304 cam swap without running an expensive manifold :)

Also, speaking of manifolds, are you still whipping up your greenfoam special? What ever happened to those plans :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Well Morton of Mossvale I made this last night cause I was bored and need to find TDC. I couldn't be bothered plugging the mig in so it's nice and rustic, I like it :p (hopefully it's long enough or I'll need to make a new shaft)

dfd2u1.jpg

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Have you been taking detailed pics of the whole process? You should write a book, 'cause I bet there's no better list of parts to buy for a 304 cam swap without running an expensive manifold :)

Also, speaking of manifolds, are you still whipping up your greenfoam special? What ever happened to those plans :)

Nah I never took pictures yet. The super FoamTM manifold that will make 5 zillion rwkw is a bit too complex for me to weld at this time but I'm making a good one that's more simple instead, it's about half finished (has 10 inch runners of standard diameter)

DeViLisanAnGeL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ 5L - 12.6@108 stock bottom end & comp
my 10 inch runner mani really kicks from 4 grand, i highly recommend this runner length for a street engine that doesn't rev too hard :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Almost got roller rockers on this now :p been collecting used parts/old stock and whatever I can scrounge to get a full set of crane gold rockers on it. I still need three trunions (the shaft the rocker pivots on) so if anyone knows where a incomplete set are or some broken ones let me know: )

Status
Not open for further replies.