Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Foaming VP -2009 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Yeh, with limited tools, do it the way Pub suggested. Although, when i did the balancer seal on the ute recently i did manage to jam up the flexplate with a tyre lever then crack the bolt with a breaker bar. Either way will work fine, i just didn't want to damage my paint by smacking a bar up against it when cranking the engine over.

Yes, you will want a 6 point 15/16 or 24mm socket.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
I've always taken the H/B pulley bolt off with a breaker bar and under the chassis lol, just so easy and affective, i would do the same with a V8

vp_exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ser2 BT1 355, 3800 conv, 3.45 IRS
Good to see you're progressing Jason. Would love to see it go 12's mate.

Vrwagz1, that manifold design is the go! Bit like an LS1, bit like a certain VB's too...... but with an OTR, maybe a shaved radiator like has been mentioned in another read, to get it under the bonnet.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
:) Definatly going to go 12's sooner or later :0, I got a secondhand set of flat tops on std bore the other day (for future reference). The manifold is the key in all this, I might only gain .1 on the cam but I should gain the best part of a second on the manifold

Last edited:

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Nice mate, cant wait to see some good times from this 5l, def the best i have seen and herd of, alot of people claim things but arnt true, its alot harder to kill the 10ths but every small thing counts.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yep you have to take it one tenth at a time :) a full tenth is a HUUUGE gain, still considering I made it all the way to 9.0 with nothing internal I should have a much easier time knocking them down this season at least in the short term. I'll need to make a arounddd 8.4 1/8th mile for it to be a 12 second car, it wont be easy on the standard stall converter and my goal for this year is a 8.5 only but we will see what happens

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
yeah, and your car is at its ultimate atm, but after good internal mods go in, then all you need to worry about is traction, lucky u have IRS, i got full traction yesturday with the 15s and it was unreal lol, different car i'm telling you.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Should get up and bogie wanna see this at heathcote :p oh foamy clean your pm box lol.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I dont wana clean my inbox. Lifes much more peaceful without it at the moment answering questions in pms all day isn't my idea of fun. I figure anything that's not related to ebay can be asked on the forum and anything that's for ebay can be on ebay so I don't need a inbox at all :D

Status
Not open for further replies.