Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Focal 165KR yay or nay?

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Focal are great speakers they are very clear and use quality parts in the crossovers.
80W RMS is plenty loud mate.
I am running pioneer pro series splits that are 60W RMS and using a 2 channel pioneer amp that are rated at 2X 125W RMS. In my vx.
I have Focal splits(130VR 5inch) in my BMW E39 5 series my second car. They sound very clear. And there not made in china as well you cant go wrong.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
spec sheet says only 4ohm, ive got focal 165vb splits, there 4ohm aswell

Its the KR2/X2 that are 2ohm

Last edited:

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Haha ok it's Friday and end of day sorry. Yes 4 ohms they are. Sorry again.

Lol.
I've got till 5:30 till I finish work (its 2:49). Keeping myself occupied by searching speakers lol.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Focal are great speakers they are very clear and use quality parts in the crossovers.
80W RMS is plenty loud mate.
I am running pioneer pro series splits that are 60W RMS and using a 2 channel pioneer amp that are rated at 2X 125W RMS. In my vx.
I have Focal splits(130VR 5inch) in my BMW E39 5 series my second car. They sound very clear. And there not made in china as well you cant go wrong.

Recon I'd notice a difference from 200rms to 80rms? how loud is 4.5dB difference?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Recon I'd notice a difference from 200rms to 80rms? how loud is 4.5dB difference?

In a big car there may be a difference. In a MR2 what's listed will be more then enough to make you not hear after a while.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Lol.
I've got till 5:30 till I finish work (its 2:49). Keeping myself occupied by searching speakers lol.

I still haven't finished and it's 5:10 here.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore

Mate trust me you would of never got 200W RMS pumping into the splits constantly. It does not work like that.
Do you no how loud is 200w rms is? Do some research on amps and speakers.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
In a big car there may be a difference. In a MR2 what's listed will be more then enough to make you not hear after a while.

I thought the same thing. Unfortuantely I don't know how to balance SPL with SQ. I'd take those Focal speakers any day cause of their clarity, I just wished they were louder (even though I've never heard them in a car b4).

Wonder if theres anyone in Perth with these speakers that could give me a demo (hint hint anyone?)

The Alpine Type R's are quite impressive in loudness, my gf has them running at ~150rms on a MB Quart amp 480 (bridged). But the focals are rated for half of that! :hmmm: