Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Focal Speakers. :thumbsup:

Jimmy SV6

Colours Wow, Now It Glows
Reaction score
Members Ride
[Black] 05 VZ SV6 [Auto]
Hey there,

i was thinking about getting some sony or pioneer gear, but alot of peeps on the forums have advised me if i got abit more money get some Alpine gear.

now i went to an audio place have to agree alpine is sounds sweet aint no bs about that now..

The salesperson did try and up sell me on some Focal speaker i have to agree that it did even sound better then alpine.

i am still thinking atleast getting a Alpine deck, just not sure about alpine speakers or focal now thats all want abit of idea from fellow focal users.

but now i thinking maybe getting some focal 6" speakers and a sub and amp combo, just wanna know if any or some people have focal speakers on the forum at all and what they think about the product and how long have they had there focal systems for ???

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
mmm focals are nice indeed, alot better choice than run of the mill sony and pioneer. When I was choosing my speakers I ended up going bostons over the focals as i loved the huge amounts of midbass and less sharp highs. That was really just my personal preferance tho. At that price range there's alot of nice gear around, but itreally depends on what sounds the best to you. If you can, try auditioning some Dynaudios, Hertz, Bostons, Morels etc before making your decision. Guarantee you there will be one set that will sound perfect to your ears!

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
While there's discussion about higher end speakers, what do people think about rainbow?

phatvtcom

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT
yea you cant go wrong with alpine type R speakers or clarion have fantastic sound. Ive got a JBL setup in mine, they're bloody brilliant as well and a bit more on the affordable side. As for pioneer, sony, jvc etc i recon its just all the same typical junk and a cheaper solution, you wont get the same clarity from something you put a bit more money into. Id say stay away from pioneer and the common brands and go for something with more quality (you can always tell). Orion are also really top speakers!!

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Speakers are such a personal thing. Bezz has given good advice when saying listen to as many speakers as possible within (and even a little higher) your price range. You will find atleast one set of speakers that sound awesome to you.

We all could say brand "x" is better than brand "y" and so-on....but what may sound great to me might sound crap to you.......if you get what i mean.

Jimmy SV6

Colours Wow, Now It Glows
Reaction score
Members Ride
[Black] 05 VZ SV6 [Auto]
Speakers are such a personal thing. Bezz has given good advice when saying listen to as many speakers as possible within (and even a little higher) your price range. You will find atleast one set of speakers that sound awesome to you.

We all could say brand "x" is better than brand "y" and so-on....but what may sound great to me might sound crap to you.......if you get what i mean.

yeah yeah dude... totally agree with ya... for sure totally do hey :D

hmmm some interesting :whistling to ponder really isnt hey :yeah: