Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Focal Speakers.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
maybe have a read of this WARNING Beware of fake Focal products for sale over the internet

i didnt say everything is fake, but most Focal, MB Quart, Diamond Audio (to name a few) are fake.
just cos they have 70K+ sales means nothing, that just makes 70K+ suckers

oh and if you wanna make sure yours are genuine i am pretty sure you can contact focal with the serial number to check :)

Wow... these fakes are pretty good! barely tell a difference. But say 70k+ wouldn't leave positive feedbacks ... well I dont leave a feedback till I checked it out and people would report them to ebay.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue. I have heard bout the focal fakes.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Wow... these fakes are pretty good! barely tell a difference. But say 70k+ wouldn't leave positive feedbacks ... well I dont leave a feedback till I checked it out and people would report them to ebay.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue. I have heard bout the focal fakes.

Most people buying Focal off ebay would not even know what REAL focal sounds like anyway. Feedback means nothing.

I don't know any real car audio enthusiasts who would purchase speakers/amps off ebay.

Purchase from a real store and get Australian product which is actually covered by WARRANTY by the MANUFACTURER. Unlike overseas or fake products sold on Ebay.

Before you argue about them not being fake or overseas product just ask yourself one question and provide the answer. Where are these Ebay sellers purchasing their stock from to be able to resell it at such a low price? They still have to make some sort of profit also.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Most people buying Focal off ebay would not even know what REAL focal sounds like anyway. Feedback means nothing.

I don't know any real car audio enthusiasts who would purchase speakers/amps off ebay.

Purchase from a real store and get Australian product which is actually covered by WARRANTY by the MANUFACTURER. Unlike overseas or fake products sold on Ebay.

Before you argue about them not being fake or overseas product just ask yourself one question and provide the answer. Where are these Ebay sellers purchasing their stock from to be able to resell it at such a low price? They still have to make some sort of profit also.

I did ask myself that but I come to the conclusion ... why can you get good bargains from a normal store, usually because theres a newer product on the market or they have overstocked and need to sell it because they know they are going to get new stock in and once they do it will be harder to sell.

Anyway... we all have our own opinions. We are all different. I used to say I'd never buy of ebay but now I love it. Another reason I love ebay is because I can get stuff that usually doesn't sell in australia or cost triple because they are greedy, they already charge more than they paid for it and then add on their costs and plus some more profits and finally you get it after each part added 10% of costs, you got to remember each person wants to make a profit, so best way would be to get it directly. I got my yamaha speakers from america because they were so much cheaper and they sound fantastic. I got hifonics because no body sells hifonics in perth (too my knowledge anyway).

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
Do you really think everything on ebay is fake?
I musta been really lucky ... or these fakes are really good :thumbsup:
I brought plenty of stuff from ebay.

- Yamaha S215V club cabinets
- JBL MRX 518 subwoofer
- Crown XTI1000
- Crown XTI2000
- Hifonic Olympus 2412 Sub
- Hifonic Brutus 2608
- Pioneer Deck
- Kicker 0 gauge, Rockford 0 gauge, Rockford 4 Gauge wiring kits.

Plus plenty none-audio equipment. Everything works fine. Although I only buy from people with like 50K+ feedbacks which are like 95%+ positive.

So before you say ebay has lots of fakes, there are plenty of none-fake equipment (I'm not sure about Focals tho, but I'm sure there's real ones out there)

Edit: I'm sure these guys wouldn't be fakes to have 70,436 sales and 99.5% positive feedback. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-FOCAL-16...hash=item290311190243&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177
none of the stuff you bought were Focal, and it is Focal that is being faked on ebay hence the media warnings.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Nice massive bump for no reason there.