Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fog/Driving Lamps

Marzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Ok, did a bit of surfing over the last week and found something that may be and alternative. There is a thread on the LS1 forums about HID lighting, this looks promising as all that have made the switch to HID have been very impressed.

Also, another interesting thing I noticed today while I was barrowing 6 metres of mulch from the driveway to the backyard.... The wife has a 2005 Mazda 3, it has driving lights!!!! I reckon they'd almost slot into the VZ bumper with a little modification. Will do some tinkering tomorrow and see what I find....

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
At closer examination the fog lights in a up spec vz dimensions are larger width wise.The length is about the same but the area from top of insert to bottom of bar is different between a exect and a car with foggies.

Taiyo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec Wagon
Hmm I hate to say the word Volkswagen here... but unfortunately it just popped out.

My mum has a Golf... and their driving lights are pretty much the same as the VZ's shape and size... i've had a look and would suggest it's worth a measure up. You can get ultra bright LED ones for the Golf on ebay and they're pretty cheap... Just thought it might be worth a look into?

Hope that helps a bit?

Marzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Hmm I hate to say the word Volkswagen here... but unfortunately it just popped out.

My mum has a Golf... and their driving lights are pretty much the same as the VZ's shape and size... i've had a look and would suggest it's worth a measure up. You can get ultra bright LED ones for the Golf on ebay and they're pretty cheap... Just thought it might be worth a look into?

Hope that helps a bit?

Cool, what year/model Golf is it?

Taiyo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec Wagon
It's 2001 GL

Off the top of my head. The front all look pretty much the same from that year

Here's a photo probably the most practical photo i can find on google without going outside and taking one... Except for the fact that it's pitch black at the moment ... haha.

I'll see what else i can come up with...

Cav

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
cav.bigblog.com.au
Members Ride
VE II Omega Ute; Fairmont Ghia
Low beam on my VU is pretty poor so I understand why some people use the fog lights, but it is illegal to use them in other than inclement wheather.

I can't understand why the car makers don't put driving lights in.

Maybe then we can actually use them.

I've used the fog lights a couple of times and I keep getting HIT by highbeam from cars coming the other way.

So they do annoy people.

BTW, they are not the same as the daytime running lights they use in Europe!

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
The ones in my VZ ute are Bright White 50watt Driving Lights
not fog lights
There's no regulations in Vic for them even the Cops drive around with them on

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
Hey guys,
would have to concur with davey g-force............the VZ foggies are a pretty good alternative to your headlights but are lower on the road.
I have driven with just them illuminating the way without thinking.........to say they are crap I think is unjustified otherwise why would oncoming drivers be forever flashing me..........mind you I think they are just whingers as the beam would appear to be more since you'd have 4 lights showing BUT....the beam would not be as high or as strong as high beam.........pussies!:rolleyes:

Cheers Rogues

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Hey guys,
would have to concur with davey g-force............the VZ foggies are a pretty good alternative to your headlights but are lower on the road.
I have driven with just them illuminating the way without thinking.........to say they are crap I think is unjustified otherwise why would oncoming drivers be forever flashing me..........mind you I think they are just whingers as the beam would appear to be more since you'd have 4 lights showing BUT....the beam would not be as high or as strong as high beam.........pussies!:rolleyes:

Cheers Rogues

Hmmmm, funny that, I've never had anyone high beam me when I've had mine on. Then again, I don't use them with my headlights on...