Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fog/Driving Lamps

Marzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Hi All,

I have just aquired a VZ Exec Wagon :thumbsup: and from all my Googling I've ascertained that I can't put (genuine GM) fog/drving lamps into my bumper :cry: , correct me if I'm wrong though!!

I don't want to change the bumper just to have the fog/driving lamps.
Nudge bar would be acceptable, but personally they don't look good!
Butchering the current inserts is an option, but how do I mount the lamps?

So, what options are avialable?

TIA,

Marz.

Marzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Found a vy thread, very interesting!!!

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I have a vz too and it looks like the blanking inserts can be easily removed....so they dont make fog lights to go in there?....seems it would be easy to do if gmh designed them...a lot easier than doing it to my vr. Got a link to the vy thread?

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
I have a VZ S one tonner. I had the black blanking inserts too. I pull them out and put in a set of fog lights that I got. The kit came with all wiring a new switch for the inside of the car and the lights.

I might have this forsale soon as I am about to fit a VY clubsport front bar and wont have any need for the spotlights.

Marzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Hey markovr,
yer they're just clipped in. Easy to remove so why did GMH even bother putting them in??!!!?? Anyway here's the llink http://users.tpg.com.au/cobra30/VYCrewman.htm can't remember the name of the forum member.

Marz.

I have a vz too and it looks like the blanking inserts can be easily removed....so they dont make fog lights to go in there?....seems it would be easy to do if gmh designed them...a lot easier than doing it to my vr. Got a link to the vy thread?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I have a VZ S one tonner. I had the black blanking inserts too. I pull them out and put in a set of fog lights that I got. The kit came with all wiring a new switch for the inside of the car and the lights.

I might have this forsale soon as I am about to fit a VY clubsport front bar and wont have any need for the spotlights.

Was the kit a gmh item? If it is do you have a part number? Im in the market for the set you have if they are factory.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Can i ask why you want them anyway? If you use them at any time except in fog it can give you a defect and a fine in most states.

Marzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
They're not really fog lamps are they, more like driving lights as they light up more of the road to the side of the car (well my old Magna and the wifes Mazda 3 do!). In the old days :D fog lamps were yellow! And they really cut through the fog...

Out here in the back blocks of Lilydale, not all the streets a lit and a lot of the back roads (if not all) are dirt. Basically we're in the bush! Ever seen what a wombat can do to your undersides? Anything that'll light the side of the road is a bonus, gives you a bit more reaction time to stop or swerve.

And, it gets bloody foggy out here too! Dunno about a defect/fine though!

Can i ask why you want them anyway? If you use them at any time except in fog it can give you a defect and a fine in most states.

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
Hell! the Victorian bluey's drive around with them on in the day!

I have mine on in the mornings and evenings before sundown

never had a problem :thumbsup:

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Have you ever seen an SS driver with their fog lights off?