Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fog/driving lights in VZ ezecutive bumper

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
I've been looking around for any VZ executive bumpers that have had fog lights put in them. i have seen a few with the lights near the number plate but i dont like the looks of this.

My idea is to cut a round whole in the 2 inserts that site on the far bottom right and left of the bumper.

Has anyone seen this done or has done it themselves

Cheers

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
hahahahah, don't do this. Seriously. Hunt around for a lumina(?) bar or an SV6 front bar and do the job properly. Have seen one or two in my time that have been cutout and they look sh*thouse

Tuttle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
the Berlina bar is very very similar to the executive one, the only difference is the inserts at the bottom have the fog lights in them and thats y i figured i could put some in the executive and save $300 off buying a new bar

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
each to their own.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I was looking at it but I wouldnt do it unless I upgraded the bar to at least SVZ, which is essentially the same style just has the proper cutouts for the fog lights so itlooks more stock standard.

Those pop out sections on the Exec/acclaim bars dont match anything, Ive tried a few inserts from a few models and even different brands but no luck.

OBR1EN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
The berlina front bar is completely different again much better of goin for a new front bar like the SV6/ SS Bar or SVZ bar will look much cleaner and you will have no hassles. Also the VZ's dont have the relay in there ready to plug the lights into so add in the wiring costs and the switch from holden if you want it to look all good and proper. Cost me $80 bucks to get mine wired and i got the switch for $30. Look around on ebay or at wreckers for front bars dirt cheap. Good Luck mate

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
the svz bar is a berlina front bar, only diff is the berlina bar has a couple of black highlights

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
ashbox .... WTF IS 7 ??? Driving me CRAZY! :D

Tuttle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Those pop out sections on the Exec/acclaim bars dont match anything, Ive tried a few inserts from a few models and even different brands but no luck.

yeh thats what i was looking at, my idea was to replace those inserts all togther with a grill like plastic mesh and insert the lights in there, kinda like the SSX bars

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I have seen one bloke do it on a VX Executive, similar sort of thing. he mounted the aftermarket round ones, then ran black mesh around it, like the metal fly screen mesh. Looked okay, but the VZ cutouts are a little bit bigger so it may look a tad funny.

Would definately be worth a look at though