Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fog light compatability

chrisdoesitbetter

| → ³8°º™ ← |
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8L
i was flushin' my radiator yesterday and noticed looms on either side of the radiator near the headlight wiring. im guessing these could be the looms that holden would snap the fog light connector plug into at the factory for the ss/calais models? has anyone heard anything/know anything bout this?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
They are the wiring looms for fogs lights alright. It's just a case of installing the switch and a relay and the lights of course. They connectors for the switch and relay should be there already I think.

chrisdoesitbetter

| → ³8°º™ ← |
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8L
im not 100% sure but does the fog light switch go just below the headlight switch on the instrument cluster? im thinking if the looms are there the switch and wiring probably would be aswell?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I'm not sure where the fog light switch goes but it probably does go below the headlight switch. The connector for the switch should be around near there as well. I'm sure you will need to buy the switch for the fog lights and install it into your dash.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yes, the small blanking plug below the headlight switch is for the fog light switch.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
being an acclaim u will have most of the wiring already there, and contacts in the relay n fuse holders. you can check by looking at the where the fog light relay goes in the engine bay, u should see the contacts.

u wont have the plug, but yes as above it spot is below the headlight switch. u can use a hazzard or aircon plug (one of the 2) from a wreck, leave a good 20-30cms of wiring so you can splice it into your loom.

i've done half of this add on, need a bar to finish it off so i can install the foggies.