Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fog Light switch for neons VT

DARGAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Commodore
Hi, I was wondering if I could hook the standard holden fog light switch in my car to neons in the footwells somehow, i dont know anything about electrical wiring etc. But yeah I want to hook it up so that the fog light switch turns the neons on/off. I'm trying to avoid putting in some dodge looking after market switch.
thanks, Paul.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
If you use the standard fog light switch as it is, your headlights will turn off when your turn the fog light switch on. You would have to do some rewiring. It would be easier to install a toggle type switch.

Bubbaj247

VTR247
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM II
Ya should hook it up to ya door pins, so when u open ya door it will go on, also have it on a switch so ya can turn it on while in the car, send me a message if you want the wiring diagram for this, its real easy stuff, cheers

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
i seen in here somewhere ... think it applies to all states but dont quote me ... i know for sure that it applies to 1 state .. neons have to be connected to the handbrake switch ... Dept Of Transport wants to sure that the neons arent on when your driving ... but with my VX the handbrake lights comes on much sooner than the brakes itself ..... so its not really a fool proof system ...

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
U'd b able 2 do it if u dont have the switch hooked up 2 fog lights and only use it 4 the neons all u have 2 do is find the positive and negative pins they will b 4 ur neons then tap into the pos pin with a 12V consistant power mite b best 2 use the 1 from the cig lighter/12V output.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
iv got all my neons and LED lights hooked up to my parkers, so as soon as i switch my parkers or headlights on they all cum on,

its piss easy to do, jus gota find tha wires tha go 2 tha lights and hack in2 em,

it was easy for me cause its all in tha boot, so i just used tha taillight looms, but all u gota do is look at ur lights and figure out which wire does wat, then put ur pos n neg in2 tha wiring accordinly

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
i seen in here somewhere ... think it applies to all states but dont quote me ... i know for sure that it applies to 1 state .. neons have to be connected to the handbrake switch ... Dept Of Transport wants to sure that the neons arent on when your driving ... but with my VX the handbrake lights comes on much sooner than the brakes itself ..... so its not really a fool proof system ...

I proved quite a while back that in Qld, NSW and Vic neons can be legally used while driving :) There is no law stating otherwise, providing you follow set guidelines.

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
I proved quite a while back that in Qld, NSW and Vic neons can be legally used while driving :) There is no law stating otherwise, providing you follow set guidelines.

rito....................................... HOW?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
where I am your aloud to hav neons while driving if the actual neon is not visible.. only the glow - western australia law