Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fog lights for Executive

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
vy_acclaim said:
Was about to start an entirely new post for this... lol. I am doing an SS upgrade also - your experience could prove invaluable. I have got the SS Front bumper, still needs to be repainted. How much did the wiring loom cost? Do you have a part number for the wiring? I've upgraded the switches aswell - is it simply a plug and play job, or should I get the dealer to do it? What about the side skirts and rear bar... did you have to get them replaced entirely, or did they just modify the lower half of your existing equipment? *inhales* - lol. Thanks.

My VY is an executive. It has a holden by design body kit, which was fitted at the factory and includes rear spoiler, rear bumper, and side skirts. It didn't have a SS front on it though. I bought the front SS Bar from Holden $315.00 and had it painted and installed at the local panel beater. There is NO wiring for the SS foglights in the stock executive wiring loom. and holden don't make a seperate wiring loom. I tried to install the wiring myself but couldn't really make any sense of the wiring diagram, so took it to an auto electrician who wired it all up for me for about $100. :w00t: the SS headlight switch is a straight swap, but because the executive wiring loom doesn't have any foglight wiring, the foglight section of the switch won't do anything. DON'T get the holden dealer to install it as the charge heaps. :bang: Go to your local Auto electrican instead.

PM me if you want the wiring diagrams.

Cheers Holdensupporter2005

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
Thanks champ... Will do - I poked around underneath my car to see if there was any wiring in my car. I found something there and got all excited, then I realised it was the horn. :whistling
Off to the auto electrician I shall go. Let you know how I do I will - lol.

breast69au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
I was in the same boat as you i have an executive with the clubsport bodykit installed and i got the fog lights installed i replaced the headlight switch and had to install the fog light wiring into the car.

Reaction score
Members Ride
FOGLIGHT WIRING DIAGRAMS
Due to many requests for the Wiring Diagram
I have decided to post them here:
Click on the PICS to ENLARGE

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
holdensupporter2005 said:
...the SS headlight switch is a straight swap, but because the executive wiring loom doesn't have any foglight wiring, the foglight section of the switch won't do anything...
Sorry mate, but do your foglights turn on via the switch now that a sparky has fiddled around with it; or did he have to install a seperate switch?

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy_acclaim said:
Sorry mate, but do your foglights turn on via the switch now that a sparky has fiddled around with it; or did he have to install a seperate switch?
Foglight turn on straight through the genuine SS switch. works the same as the SS model. Pull the centre section of the switch out to turn them on. And the will only go on if the light switch is set on any other postions than the off position. :thumbsup:

wazza 42

White Pure White
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VYII S Pack Utility/03 VYII S Pack Sedan
Thanks for posting the wiring diagram.Does the fog light ON symbol illuminate in the dash cluster when they are on?

Reaction score
Members Ride
wazza 42 said:
Thanks for posting the wiring diagram.Does the fog light ON symbol illuminate in the dash cluster when they are on?
Unfortunately not. That is the only downside. You could always pull the whole cluster out and put seperate wiring in to the light. But a lot of bother for nothing really. :)

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
wazza 42 said:
Does the fog light ON symbol illuminate in the dash cluster when they are on?

I have the VY s which has all the wiring. The lights, relay and switch were just plug and play. But funnily enough, the cluster is not set up for the fog light indicator. I had Phreddy play around with it (installed a resistor and SMD) but no go. You would have to upgrade to a high spec cluster for it to work, or do some major stuffing about.

The Macross

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Executive V6
Thanks for the info as well,
going to put an ss body kit on my VYII.
Mine is a ex police, do they have the wiring on them as default, if anyone knows?