Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fog lights!

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
hey,
so i got a new front bar with fog lights! monaro v2 with hsv lights and hsv fogs.

it need a paint but for the price o well..

how do i go about wiring. yes i did my search but i cant find the wiring. noting behind the front bar, near the lights. even pulled the dash out to find that clip but noting...

car is a vt s pack s1.

if the wiring is not hidden in some wack place how do i go about puting wiring in? to run the std holden fog light switch

cheers?

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
I have a VT Acclaim and it does not have fog lights but the wiring is there.I saw it while I was changing my front bar. It is attached on the outside ends of the sub frame near the ends of the bumper support panel/bar. As for the switch wiring, I have not looked for that but would guess that it is somewhere behind where the switch would be on the right hand end of the dashboard near the steering column shroud. That is where my owners manual shows the switch even tho I don't have one.

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
nop no wiring at all for fog lights :(

any one know where the wiring goes from the back of the switch?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I would tap the wire that goes from the headlight cabin switch to the headlights, and than make it go through a fog light switch. That way the fog lights only turn on with the headlights and you can have a button that allows you to turn them off any time.

Cause lets face it, you look like an idiot with only fog lights on and no headlights.

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
yer not much wiring in that thread, it has it every thing about this car fights with me but o well. its a s pack but not dam wiring.

i done up a wiring diagram but not so sure about this std switch, it it was a normal off on switch its fine but dam holden.

from what holden manual tells me theres 8 pins coming from the back of the switch? but only find what 7 are for? any one know or can confirm?

pin ares -
1- park lights
2-fogs
3-fogs
4-fogs
5-fogs
6- not sure
7-illum +
8-illum -

7-8 are the only ones i know as there for the light in the switch. the rest? im lost???

i can c whys there 4 fogs, 2+ and 2- but..... off the relay theres only 1 wire going to the switch??

any one got a holden wiring diagram? my greyorys book only shows 2 wires going and the holden diagram shows 8 pins?
for some wack reason my holden manual wont open wiring diagrams :(

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
hey mate i just wired up a set of foglights for my vy s... i didnt have any of the wiring but i got a new switch from holden with the built in foglight switch and the relay... i ran the wire from the relay through a hole i drilled near where the bonnet release wire goes through... on the back of the switch i ran the wire into the space next to the black wire... it took some bastardising with a drill and a small relay pin adaptor thingy from jaycar but it works just fine... i dunno if the vt is the same but if you want anymore info about wiring em up let me know cause i think i got every problem i could have when i was wiring them up lol

lein

Comrade Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202/4sp
I would tap the wire that goes from the headlight cabin switch to the headlights, and than make it go through a fog light switch. That way the fog lights only turn on with the headlights and you can have a button that allows you to turn them off any time.

Cause lets face it, you look like an idiot with only fog lights on and no headlights.

From experience fog lights should only be used with parkers (maybe low beam) otherwise they are of no use because high beams reflect off the fog. They are not like driving lights that are only to be hooked up and operate with high beam. Through a separate switch to isolate them of course.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
From experience fog lights should only be used with parkers (maybe low beam) otherwise they are of no use because high beams reflect off the fog. They are not like driving lights that are only to be hooked up and operate with high beam. Through a separate switch to isolate them of course.
thats why i put the holden switch in cause you can run them in a few difference configurations easily... but the foglights are just as bright as the headlights so you get just as much light from them its just more spread out which is the idea