Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fog lights!

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
dr is there any chance u could do up a qucik diagram? with colours and where they went on the back of the switch??

still waiting for holden to open tommorm to c how much they want for this switch

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
yeah sure only problem is i dont want to take the switch out as it is kinda delicate but i do have a photo of it before i put it back in... i paid just over $80 for both the switch and the relay... get the relay from holden its a whole lot easier... you wont have to rewire the back of the switch up if thats what your asking the loom just clips out and then you only have to add the new connection in

IMG_0053.jpg

The wire from the relay is that large green wire you can see with the exposed copper... its right next to the black earthing wire

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
heres the wiring for the way i wired them up... you only need one wire running to the switch as the holden switches just earths it thats what the black wire is for
wiring.jpg

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
hmm, vy fog lights are part of the light switch tho? or is there another switch just for fog lights?

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
hmm, vy fog lights are part of the light switch tho? or is there another switch just for fog lights?
When you go to holden tell them you want a new headlight switch for a vt commo with the foglight switch built into it... im pretty sure the switches are the same for vt and vy so to me it would be the same... cause mine didnt have any of the wiring there i had to put everything in myself... thats why i got the new switch from holden as my old one didnt have the foglights switch on it

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
vt vx have there own switch for fog lights ,

its not a build in one,

and becuase of some wack rule now in qld u cant use fog lights unless its a dam fog..........

need to chase down a connector for the back of the light? can any one confirm if there the same as the hazards? if i cant find a one for fog lights..........

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
need to chase down a connector for the back of the light? can any one confirm if there the same as the hazards? if i cant find a one for fog lights..........
i went to repco and got a Narvo connector from there although you only need half of it... i havent got any part numbers or anything for it but if you look at it you can tell they are the same... that or take your foglights in and see if the connector fits first

lein

Comrade Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202/4sp
Do they have little green weather seals?

If they are anything like the two pin connectors I had on my fog lights before I removed them they were Weather-Pack connectors made by Delphi. That should speed things up if you get a numptie at the store.

lein

Comrade Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202/4sp
This is out of a catalogue at work, with part numbers. Hopefully this'll help.

Attachments

• WP-2.JPG
    WP-2.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 302