Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

foggyz for vz execudore

commisme

iksayvz
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ6
seen berlinas have those smaller type foggys on em,can u get these for execys?the ss ones obviously wuldnt fit.and can u get em from holden?

Last edited:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
The cutouts are different from vx to vz in the standard bar...they do look like they would just clip in

commisme

iksayvz
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ6
thanks guys! I forgot i posted this one and just did another one lol.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
If you do fit them, just remember to follow the apparently-accepted official-use guidelines for those little so-called "fog lights"...
1: you must remember to drive around with them on all day long, even if you live somewhere that never sees fog, just so you can annoy the hell other drivers and scream "look at me!". You are doing doubly well if you drive around with them on at night as well through the traffic in city streets blinding everyone in sight.
2: Also remember, You don't need to comply with the laws which state that white spotlights like them have to be wired up to only come on with the high beam...it is still one of the great unsolved mysteries of the universe how I can get a warning for having spotlights on our old ute wired up without going through the high beam switch, yet new cars with those brilliantly-lit white lights somehow get around the law and never get questioned about it...:bang:

Two basic questions: if they are indeed "fog lights" as everyone claims, then why are they a brilliant white instead of much dimmer yellow? And if they are driving or spotlights (which we all know they are...don't try to get out of it with word games...) then why don't they have to be wired up to only come on with the high beam?

commisme

iksayvz
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ6
exactamondo! I totally agree!Those new wite lights are always blinding people.

BaZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
If you do fit them, just remember to follow the apparently-accepted official-use guidelines for those little so-called "fog lights"...
1: you must remember to drive around with them on all day long, even if you live somewhere that never sees fog, just so you can annoy the hell other drivers and scream "look at me!". You are doing doubly well if you drive around with them on at night as well through the traffic in city streets blinding everyone in sight.
2: Also remember, You don't need to comply with the laws which state that white spotlights like them have to be wired up to only come on with the high beam...it is still one of the great unsolved mysteries of the universe how I can get a warning for having spotlights on our old ute wired up without going through the high beam switch, yet new cars with those brilliantly-lit white lights somehow get around the law and never get questioned about it...:bang:

Two basic questions: if they are indeed "fog lights" as everyone claims, then why are they a brilliant white instead of much dimmer yellow? And if they are driving or spotlights (which we all know they are...don't try to get out of it with word games...) then why don't they have to be wired up to only come on with the high beam?

I have these on my Lumina. I didn't get them by choice, they just came with it.
I can confirm that they are definitely fog lights, not driving or spot lights. They cast a wide low beam around the front of the car, and when used as intended (fog lights ONLY) they do a better job in fog than my headlights which just reflect off the fog and make it harder to see.

However....
I also cannot understand why people use these lights all day and night when there is no sign of fog. I also cannot understand why people insist on using them with their headlights, because if you are using them as fog lights they only do a good job when used alone.

I'm very conscious not to have mine on at all if they are not needed because I know how damn annoying it is to be blinded by some tool trying to be cool. I've had my Lumina for 12 mths now, I live in the Blue Mountains, and I think I have only had to use mine 3 times.

I wonder if some of these tools somehow adjust the angle of these lights to make them more like a driving or spot light? Some certainly seem to be more blinding than others.

Either way, I agree with you Wombat. I think it is irresponsible of Holden to allow these to come on at all with the headlights.
Alternatively, if they are intended as driving lights they shouldn't be allowed to come on without the high beams.

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
Com'n guys :p
How bright can a coupla 80mm 50w spots dazzle your eyes ;)
when they are correctly aimed on the ground ?
They're mounted at around 200mm off the ground way below eye vision
Dazzle = Zip, Nada,Zilch, Nix, a big fat O :thumbsup:

twb1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Black CDTi Astra 6sp manual
I agree fellas.

The only reason that I can work out people drive on a perfectly clear night with fog-lights ON is the 'Look at me factor'..

My SV6 obviously has them and in 14 months I've used them once and that was at 4am on believe it or not a foggy morning here in WA.

They make absolutely no difference either to increasing the beam out-put, they might light-up brightly about 1 metre in-front of your car, but at that close you've obviously hit whatever was on the road anyway!...So it's just rubbish that they provide any lighting benefit.

Late at night on poorly lit roads I don't care what anyone says my standard headlights do a magic job and provide ample out-put of light.

Excuse me if you think I'm being cynical I got stopped last year up in Lancellin in my 2001 MR Mitsy Lancer and warned by the big bad Wolf.

Sorry fellas people that drive with foggies along with their normal headlights are just toss**s.

cheers

Tom/WA