Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Foglight help :(

filthgrinder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS2
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me about before I go cry to an auto electrician, I went to get a RWC to sell my commodore and they said I had to hook up my driving lights that weren't connected when I bought the car.

I had tried to get them working before but I had problems with them staying on, so I bought a genuine foglight switch to get it done properly. I hooked into the loom behind the dash and they were working fine, but now they are staying on, even when the car isn't turned on, or when the headlight switch is off.

As I said they worked fine when I set them up and I haven't touched the car since last week when I did them. Any ideas???? :cry:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Have you checked the relay?

filthgrinder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS2
Yeah I just bought a brand new one from Holden when I put the switch in

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hang on... wait... what type of car are these foglights on?

Did these foglights come factory? If not... they don't been to be working for a RWC.

If they are not factory... tell them were to stick it... and if they still have an issue... take them off for the rwc... :p

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Most places will require anything fitted to a vehicle to be in good working order, regardless of whether they are factory or not. If you can't get them working, just remove them.

Try swapping the relay with another one and see what happens. It sounds like a dodgy relay. That is the only thing that is powered and earthed.

filthgrinder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS2
Its on a VT acclaim, I assume when the previous owner put the clubsport bodykit on my car they installed them. I will try switch the relay and give it another shot. I hope thats the problem, just figured a genuine and new part straight from holden would be correct. And the car would look silly to sell with 2 big holes in the front lol.

filthgrinder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS2
Update:

Switched the relay with one I know that works, problem remains. Even with relay out the lights are remaining on if that is any help??

Also I read the loom I'm meant to tap into has a white plug however I am tapping into a black plug. I would think this were my problem however I had them working previously....this is doing my head in hehe

Last edited:

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
The lights are on even when the relay is out?!?

Means the relay you took out was not in the circuit for the foglights...

I think you might have 2 circuits crossed over or something...

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
i would check and see if there is a different colour loom as this might be the problem or try connecting the loom the other way around.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
If it is an ex Telsra vehicle you might be using the plug for the lights always on option.