Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Foglights on with button unlock

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
Hey Guys,

Is it possible to wire up the foglights to come on with the headlights when you unlock the car?

Cheers!

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
Any particular reason? Do you live in an area that sees fog every day of the year? Or do you just want to be one of those muppet who think fog lights are there to show you're cool?

My particular set up has a very low brightness, similar to parkers. Could be worse, HIDs in reflectors would take the cake.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
doesn't matter how bright they are it's still illegal to have them on when it's not foggy.

if they have similar brightness to parkers, why not just leave your parkers on?

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
There not fog lamps. Fog lamps cut through the fog. There just extra driving lamps. And before you correct me, yes I know them manual labeles them as fog lamps but that's incorrect. These are fog lamps
[/img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d173/MiKeAhOwSkI/s13/DSCN1069.jpg[/img]

DSC02427.jpg

Notice the difference? These actually cut through the fog. I was pulled up for having green leds in my parkers and licence plate and the cop said nothing about the driving lamps on. I drive with them on during the day and passed many patrol cars heading and never been booked for it. If I was I would show them the pic of the sv6 patrol car I got on my phone driving around Brisbane with them on.

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
There not fog lamps. Fog lamps cut through the fog. There just extra driving lamps. And before you correct me, yes I know them manual labeles them as fog lamps but that's incorrect. These are fog lamps
[/img]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d173/MiKeAhOwSkI/s13/DSCN1069.jpg[/img]

DSC02427.jpg

Notice the difference? These actually cut through the fog. I was pulled up for having green leds in my parkers and licence plate and the cop said nothing about the driving lamps on. I drive with them on during the day and passed many patrol cars heading and never been booked for it. If I was I would show them the pic of the sv6 patrol car I got on my phone driving around Brisbane with them on.

The fog lights on the modern day car are not worth the plastic they are installed in......whether they be Red, Orange, YELLOW, Green, Blue, Indigo or Violet..... they only show a minimum amount of light in front of the car and you cannot travel at 110kmh as if there is no fog....you still have to drive with caution....and they cannot be used if there is no fog.....a lot of the stupid drivers do not know they are on at times.

Having said all that.....wake up....green leds in your parkers and licence plate....!@#$%^&*.....next thing you will want to do is put Hid lights in your fog lights and use them as World War 2 Search Lights and blind every other motorist on the road.....for goodness sake....be responsible.

Emmcee1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010sv6 wagon
Geez tone it down, they are only parkers and what I found funny is his answer. Because I asked a police officer and they said leds are fine as long as there not blue or red being emergency colors. So I told him that and his answer was, not all officers know the full rules. Hw patrol knows more than standard officers. That's fine, then the regular officers shouldn't have the same power. How can you fine someone and not know the rules. Plus they made me heaps more visible to other cars. No if it distracts other drivers, I was always taught to worry about myself and just pay attention. Not sky lark at everyone else. Nice attitude btw. An I suppose you've nerver done anything like that to your car?

And besides, if you know what your talking about, you would know those fog lamps I posted arnt the bulb you clown. It's a completly different structure. Besides the driving lamps are the same bulbs as your parkers so explain that.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Driving lights use the same bulb as parkers? Now I've heard it all.

Btw, they're fog lights. See that symbol on the dash or the button that tells you they're on?

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Geez tone it down, they are only parkers and what I found funny is his answer. Because I asked a police officer and they said leds are fine as long as there not blue or red being emergency colors. So I told him that and his answer was, not all officers know the full rules. Hw patrol knows more than standard officers. That's fine, then the regular officers shouldn't have the same power. How can you fine someone and not know the rules. Plus they made me heaps more visible to other cars. No if it distracts other drivers, I was always taught to worry about myself and just pay attention. Not sky lark at everyone else. Nice attitude btw. An I suppose you've nerver done anything like that to your car?

And besides, if you know what your talking about, you would know those fog lamps I posted arnt the bulb you clown. It's a completly different structure. Besides the driving lamps are the same bulbs as your parkers so explain that.

I hope the bulbs in the parkers are not the same as the bulbs in the driving lights...only by manufacture's name!.....does this explain your bulb set up ....who is btw...maybe you.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Hey Guys,

Is it possible to wire up the foglights to come on with the headlights when you unlock the car?

Cheers!

So has anyone answer your question or are they just raving on off topic??

Cos you never ask if there legal or anything...... And I'm pretty sure just like the headlights do they'll turn off after 60 seconds or when the keys been turned in the ignition.......