Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

For every commy owner bet ya see this?

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
thanks guys.... i wish i could take all the chamber out but as i said its a bit risky coz the fuel rail and the injectors must come out with the chamber and i dnt have any idea bout how to dis the fuel lines or to put back the injectors with the o rings on...

You can remove it without removing the injectors . Just undo the 4 bolts that hold the fuel rail to the underside of the plenum , then remove the 5 bolts from the centre of plenum and remove it .

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
and the difference in performance after cleaning it is???? I'd be looking at my pcv valve and overall engine health to treat the cause, not the symptom myself.....

Reaper

casper0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commdoore
guys i was wondering where is the pcv valve located? i saw a thread on a vt its on thr left side there is a hole its in there but on my vx i didnt noticed anything.

casper0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commdoore
You can remove it without removing the injectors . Just undo the 4 bolts that hold the fuel rail to the underside of the plenum , then remove the 5 bolts from the centre of plenum and remove it .

tommorow mate am gonna take all the chamber i"ll try it and will take it out as u said without the fuel rail and then am gonna clean the rest of the runners but what bout the inlet manifold gasket o rings? do i have to buy a new one? and is it metal or rubber?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
guys i was wondering where is the pcv valve located? i saw a thread on a vt its on thr left side there is a hole its in there but on my vx i didnt noticed anything.

Comes out of the rocker cover and is piped to the throttle body and/or piping that leads to the plenium chamber. What you are looking at in there is the oil that is siphoned off the pcv. It's normal to build up some black over the years but for it to be very wet and slimy = problem in the motor. Some black dry stuff stuck to the walls of the plenium/runners is normal and won't affect performance on a street car in any noticeable way.

Reaper

Paul13pp

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Exec Wagon
It does really make you wonder how much more crap is right down in there blocking or semi blocking the injector flow and maybe affecting the spray pattern.

I recently pulled mine apart as you have to clean it up and it wasn't as black as yours, but it did contain a very fine sandy residue that was quite thick.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
It does really make you wonder how much more crap is right down in there blocking or semi blocking the injector flow and maybe affecting the spray pattern.

Ummmmmmmmm I would be very worried if all this carbon deposits made its way into your fuel rails and then into the injectors.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the pcv valve is in the join between the plenum and intake runners and comes up the hole thats in front of the inlet runners near the throttlebody tunnel of the plenum the hole in the back of the manifold is the brake vacum hose barb and no oil comes from there .theres also exhaust coming in the hole up the side of the TB tunnel at the rear

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
just like this IMG_0049.jpg