Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

For every commy owner bet ya see this?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
theres nothing to look at its all working as expected apart from extra oil from a wearing engine the pcv valve lets all the stagnant oily vapours out the crankcase into the plenum when under closed throttle and light throttle cruise to scavange out the caustic leftovers from the oil burning as well as to keep oil fumes out the atmosphere for emissions reasons.you could fit a new pcv valve that may help a little from not sucking open as easy and sealing a bit better than an old worn one they dont last forever

casper0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commdoore
theres nothing to look at its all working as expected apart from extra oil from a wearing engine the pcv valve lets all the stagnant oily vapours out the crankcase into the plenum when under closed throttle and light throttle cruise to scavange out the caustic leftovers from the oil burning as well as to keep oil fumes out the atmosphere for emissions reasons.you could fit a new pcv valve that may help a little from not sucking open as easy and sealing a bit better than an old worn one they dont last forever

I understand mate thanks anyway mate but if I removed the 6 bolts from the manifold and take the whole plenum chamber apart can I see the pcv valve then? And what bout the manifold gasket?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yes the pcv valve is in a hole about 20mm wide with a spring on top holding it down in the hole when the plenum bolts down.as for gaskets not sure if the later models run reusable rubber orings or gaskets

casper0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commdoore
hey guys i was trying this morning to remove the bolts underneath the fuel rail to seperate the chamber from the manifold without taking out the fuel rail and injectors but there is no way in hell to take these **** bolts out!!!!

commsec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Executive Wagon
Nice job Casper. Amazed at how much difference it makes. After catching the main crap in the paper, did u continue to spray all the way down the chambers or did u just wipe as much of it off as u could? I wonder if it'd benefit spraying all the way into the chambers as well?

casper0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commdoore
Nice job Casper. Amazed at how much difference it makes. After catching the main crap in the paper, did u continue to spray all the way down the chambers or did u just wipe as much of it off as u could? I wonder if it'd benefit spraying all the way into the chambers as well?

no man i didnt spray all the way to the runners coz as been told its not good at all.
am trying to take all the chamber out without taking the fuel rail and injector but i coudnt.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
hey guys i was trying this morning to remove the bolts underneath the fuel rail to seperate the chamber from the manifold without taking out the fuel rail and injectors but there is no way in hell to take these **** bolts out!!!!

My fuel rail isn't bolted to the plenum . For some reason there is like a 20mm gap between the plenum and the tabs on the fuel rail where the bolts . When i do the bolts up it pulls the injectors out of the manifold

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
if you do get your plenum off, please let us know if it had a re usable seal, ive cleaned inside the top of mine like you have, but want to take it all the way off and give it a good clean inside the runners

casper0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commdoore
Guys I tried today to take the bolts off but I couldnt. Somebody told me that Holden got the metal o rings for the manifold gasket other then the old rubber or paper one and it's ####en 120$. am waiting for tomorrow to ring them up.

ch1mp

Reaction score
If you have a valid reason for requiring my locati
Members Ride
VT S-Pack 3.8L Supercharged
anyone done this in a supercharged model? i'm not sure if it's possible unless you remove all the fuel rails AND the supercharger, and then every time you did it you'd have to buy a new supercharger gasket at $180 each time...any thoughts?