Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

For god sake any help?????

casper0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commdoore
the thing that is really driving me crazy is the car running really good.

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Do you have a warranty from the dealer? Is so, have it inspected by the N.R.M.A. and take it back to dealer with any warranty faults that are found. Would be a lot cheaper than the path you are going along.
Doesn't N.S.W. have strict laws for consumer rights that used car dealers must abide?

dunky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina V6
Type in - coil pack - in the search box at the top right of this page and you'll get all the info you need on coil packs and how to test them.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Just throwing this one in, But since its fine when its cold, but rough when warm, have you tried cleaning the IAC Valve & Throttle Body ?
THe Mrs VR did this, cleaned it all up, was much better :)

dunky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina V6
A few posts down this page is a story about someone who cooked the engine slightly and although it runs really well, it idles roughly. Maybe this happened to your car! Just a thought

casper0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commdoore
thanks for all ur ideas guys... anyways i tested the coil packs as a mechanic did it for me he removed 2 wires from each coil and ran the engine the spark is not jumping at all which means its all good. his suggestion was to check the vacuum reservoir tank which is behind the glove box. so i went home pull apart the glove box but all i can see behind it is a black box and a white sticker on it says (AC-TB) i couldn't find any vacuum lines or hoses its all electrical wires... any ideas plz?????

casper0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commdoore
Just throwing this one in, But since its fine when its cold, but rough when warm, have you tried cleaning the IAC Valve & Throttle Body ?
THe Mrs VR did this, cleaned it all up, was much better :)

mate i did cleaned both but even if i have a faulty IAC valve then the car will not idle smoothly and a faulty IAC will not cause the engine to shiver or shake from time to time at idle...