Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

For god sake any help?????

casper0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commdoore
hello guys here is my story. i recently got a vx v6 from a dealer here in sydney, the car is clean drives really good with a 120000km on. the problem just started in the last 5 days where the engine at idle shivers or shake its not that annoying but i can feel it in the car through the steering aswell although the car drive really really great engine doesnt miss at all and no check engine or codes showing at all. for example early morning when i start the car i dont feel any thing at all i put my hands on the engine its smooth But when engine starts to warm up and idle speed back to normal here i feel the engine starts to shivers every 7seconds comes and go comes and go. took it back to dealer he said its normal where i do beleive there is something wrong with it. now things i changed in order to try and eliminate the problem are as follows:
1- replaced engine mounts and tranny
2- cleaned injectors on car although i run 98 octane
3- replaced maf sensor and o2 senors which cost me a fortune
4- replaced ignition leads twice and spark plugs and fuel filter
lollllll still the problem exists its really frustrating....
any thoughts or ideas for goodness sake

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
the car has done 1.2 million kms?

casper0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commdoore
hahaha lol mate 120000km exuse my typing.
typing on ipad..

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
coil pack?

casper0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commdoore
by the way engine shivers not only in n also in d or p but once i drive cant feel anything it goes away.

Promotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Commodore International Dual Fuel LPG / UL
get the motor tested on a dyno / computer just replacing everything that you can think of or anything anyone else can think of will cost you a fortune and still may not solve anything
check that the inlet system isnt sucking air anywhere that can cause a bit of a miss like you explain

casper0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commdoore
get the motor tested on a dyno / computer just replacing everything that you can think of or anything anyone else can think of will cost you a fortune and still may not solve anything
check that the inlet system isnt sucking air anywhere that can cause a bit of a miss like you explain

thanks for replying. one of my friends told me to buy a brakeleen bottle and spray around the inlet system and around the injectors aswell and listen for a change in the idle. i did the test already but could not noticed any change in the idle.

GM GEN3

GM GEN3
Reaction score
Members Ride
legs ATM
Second coil pack same thing happen to work ute just check all the vac hose's to some times they can come off

casper0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commdoore
Second coil pack same thing happen to work ute just check all the vac hose's to some times they can come off

man i did everything could be in mind, i went to holden to replace the purge hose aswell i did buy it and replace it myself.
if someone can tell me how many vauum hoses are in the engine bay other then the purge hose, and how can i test a coil on car if its working or not?