Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

For those in Victoria wanting to slam their VE (or even slightly lower it :))

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Insurance companies aren't going to knock back a claim because of lowered suspension.
What a crock of ****! :doh:

ORLY??? I'm sure they're standard FE2 if you check ;)

Reaper

So all police cars are equipped with FE2 are they? I saw a Falcon HWP and it was almost tucking rim.

iUte

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute 328RWkW 3.9 LSD Rip Shifter
What happens to all the people who have cars without ESP, the granny in her 1984 Toyota Cressida next door is stuffed by the sound of it :p

Insurance companies will ensure a car that is legal and roadworthy. Get a roadworthy done on the car for 50 bucks for piece of mind. If the insurance don't pay up a claim take the mechanic to court. ( I've had a lowered VE roadworthied and it wasn't even noted on his report).

I've had a lowered VE since 2007 and never been refused a claim, but technically they could if they wanted to push the point. But dont know if it would stand up in court, since the ESP function can be disabled inside the car with a factory fitted on off button. The VE is like any other car, it's not a fly by wire fighter jet aircraft the relies on its computer controlled system to keep it from falling out of the sky. The ESP isn't an integral part of the cars design to make it safe to drive, if it was it wouldn't have an on off switch.

The ABS cannot be turned off, so fitting too large a size tyre will hinder its operation and therefore made illegal.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
I've made several claims over the years with cars modified with 'illegal' mods. Never has an insurance co ever tried to wriggle out of anything. Just more unsubstantiated bullshit.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Insurance companies aren't going to knock back a claim because of lowered suspension.
What a crock of ****! :doh:

it entirely depends on the situation of the crash. If ESP failure was found to be a contributing factor then very much YES!

So all police cars are equipped with FE2 are they? I saw a Falcon HWP and it was almost tucking rim.

Never said any such thing. Not seen even 1 Falcon with FE2 yet :doh:.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
What happens to all the people who have cars without ESP, the granny in her 1984 Toyota Cressida next door is stuffed by the sound of it :p

Insurance companies will ensure a car that is legal and roadworthy. Get a roadworthy done on the car for 50 bucks for piece of mind. If the insurance don't pay up a claim take the mechanic to court. ( I've had a lowered VE roadworthied and it wasn't even noted on his report).

I've had a lowered VE since 2007 and never been refused a claim,

You do realize the document was released in October 2011 don't you???

but technically they could if they wanted to push the point. But dont know if it would stand up in court, since the ESP function can be disabled inside the car with a factory fitted on off button. The VE is like any other car, it's not a fly by wire fighter jet aircraft the relies on its computer controlled system to keep it from falling out of the sky. The ESP isn't an integral part of the cars design to make it safe to drive, if it was it wouldn't have an on off switch.

The ABS cannot be turned off, so fitting too large a size tyre will hinder its operation and therefore made illegal.

Entirely. Ie - the onus is very much on the owner of such large tired car to prove it doesn't hinder the operation of the ESP system.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wait so FE2 is still allowed or not?

Fe2 (and 3 for that matter) is fine as long as the ESP program is calibrated for such suspension option. I have no idea if the ESP program is different between suspension options or not.

Reaper