Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

For those in Victoria wanting to slam their VE (or even slightly lower it :))

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
dont know over there, but in adelaide there a lot lower than standard

ORLY??? I'm sure they're standard FE2 if you check ;)

Reaper

it entirely depends on the situation of the crash. If ESP failure was found to be a contributing factor then very much YES!

Never said any such thing. Not seen even 1 Falcon with FE2 yet :doh:.

Reaper

At no stage did vicarious mention the make of police car he was referring to. All he stated was lower than standard police cars. Could be talking about a Falcon but you're sure it has FE2 fitted. And again, insurance companies don't weasel their way out of claims because of illegal mods.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
At no stage did vicarious mention the make of police car he was referring to. All he stated was lower than standard police cars. Could be talking about a Falcon but you're sure it has FE2 fitted. And again, insurance companies don't weasel their way out of claims because of illegal mods.

Of ffs - The whole thread is about VE Commodores. :bang: To spell it out for the eternally daft: If it's a Commodore it'll be FE2. If it's some other model it'll be something else :doh:.

And if said illegal mod was found to be contributing to said crash then I'll very much beg to differ with your last sentence.

Reaper

Last edited:

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
####en hell :( im really upset was gonna go ssl all round......

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Iv got a ve v v6 with sssl front and ssl rear, no issue with esc playing up..... Don't think my insurance would have a problem with me claiming.... I have "sports suspension" on my vehicle list but

Nuddy989

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i'm in queensland insured through aami... they actually insure my mods to lol so if i write the car off they will pay for the car to be replaced and any modifications to be restored :) as long as they are legal modifications!

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
dont know over there, but in adelaide there a lot lower than standard

I'm yet to hear of a cop car that is anything other than standard apart from decals and their interior electronics...No cop chips, no different suspension. Straight from the factory they are.

What happens to all the people who have cars without ESP, the granny in her 1984 Toyota Cressida next door is stuffed by the sound of it :p

Insurance companies will ensure a car that is legal and roadworthy. Get a roadworthy done on the car for 50 bucks for piece of mind. If the insurance don't pay up a claim take the mechanic to court. ( I've had a lowered VE roadworthied and it wasn't even noted on his report).

I've had a lowered VE since 2007 and never been refused a claim, but technically they could if they wanted to push the point. But dont know if it would stand up in court, since the ESP function can be disabled inside the car with a factory fitted on off button. The VE is like any other car, it's not a fly by wire fighter jet aircraft the relies on its computer controlled system to keep it from falling out of the sky. The ESP isn't an integral part of the cars design to make it safe to drive, if it was it wouldn't have an on off switch.

How many claims have you made that have been directly related to suspension and ESC operation? The whole point of this thread and what Reap/VicRoads are saying is that lowered suspension affects the operation of ESC, and if a crash occurs that 'could' have been prevented by ESC, but didn't...then it means tiddly squat if you got your VE dumped and rang your insurer and told them you lowered it. Given ANY loophole that affects the credibility of a claim, an insurer will deny a claim.

I've made several claims over the years with cars modified with 'illegal' mods. Never has an insurance co ever tried to wriggle out of anything. Just more unsubstantiated bullshit.

Have your claims been directly affected by your 'illegal' mods?

it entirely depends on the situation of the crash. If ESP failure was found to be a contributing factor then very much YES!

Correct.

Yes they do, and in reference to this topic, if ESC could have prevented a crash but lowered suspension (insurer notified or not) was found to have hindered ESC which is a factory fitting of the VE, then the insurer could EASILY turn around and deny the claim. You would have JACK **** chance if you took it to court as well.

xoom

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
yea i believe the cops in adel have fe2. they are about inch or so lower than normal omega's so easy to tell from the back.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Insurance companies aren't going to knock back a claim because of lowered suspension.
What a crock of ****! :doh:

I love it when someone throws some comedy into the mix :D We obviously dont live in the same world. Yours is nicer, all dreamy and sweet. Can I come there?