Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

For those in Victoria wanting to slam their VE (or even slightly lower it :))

BlueSteele

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SSV Sportswagon
Very unfortunate moment 2 weeks ago, cruising late at night, car in middle lane had no awareness of me at all and cut right in front of me..I too was in a bit of la la land and saw this move at the last second, and my instinct just made me swerve left........mounting a gutter, and crashing into those little 1m high telstra poles....bit of damage...car is quite low and not a concern from insurance company (Just cars insurance) even something that shocked me, my rear tyre popped as it hit gutter, and originally they were not going to cover that tyre as was classed as unroad-worthy..yet they rang me back next day and said that they will cover it now, as even if my tyre was brand new, that impact still would of popped the tyre! basically, I guess you just need to pick the right insurance companies. no issue with them on ride height with me.

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeh every HWY patrol car i see is decked. So just buy an Ex cop car.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
I don't think they're lowered, just carrying a lot of gear - which is why they sit low at the back.

Exactly! Have a look in the boot of any cop car. Dead bodies would be lighter!

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride

Last edited by a moderator:

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
They're just trying to stop idiots like this (pic found using google search "stupid low commodore" - no offense to anyone here intended):

SHYGMH

I'd be careful branding people idiots or making examples of cars without knowing what your doing...

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride

SHYGMH

I'd be careful branding people idiots or making examples of cars without knowing what your doing...

I knew exactly what I was doing. I googled for "stupid low commodores" and that monstrosity came up in the results. I'm not intentionally trying to piss anyone from JC off but if they choose to have stupid cars that's their business not mine. And anyone with suspension like that thing has, I'm sorry, is an idiot. It's not safe and I can guarantee the headlights won't be self leveling so at night oncoming drivers will be dazzled. It's people that drive around in crap like that that end up giving the brand a bad stereotype.

If it looked like this, these stupid laws would never even be considered. Note: This still looks GOOD at this ride height!!! Not to mention it's probably a WHOLE lot more comfortable and more than capable of decent handling on public roads. Actually I'd bet that this suspension setup would outperform the saggy arse setup.

DSCN0346.jpg

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
^ wow.

I don't think they're lowered, just carrying a lot of gear - which is why they sit low at the back.

Yes but, when we lower a car it has to pass rwc height FULLY LADEN - so whats the deal with the cop cars being chockers full of gear on standard suspension? they need HD springs!