Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

For those who hate Chev badges on Holdens

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
This isn't another thread to bash those who fit Chev badges to Holdens. It's just that I have obtained a copy of the small catalogue of the Chev and Pontiac badges and grilles avaiable to fit to Holdens.

Would you believe there are:

Four different Chev hood badges
Eleven different boot lid badges
Four ute tailgate badges
Ten grile badges
Nine wheel centre caps
Seven different grilles

No wonder we see so many of the things around.

The interesting thing is that the grilles are assemblies made up of three parts, the basic grille, the silver cross bar and the badge. Each part is available separately, whereas our grilles are one piece plus badge.

If you wanted a plain mesh grille for a VZ Berlina, for example, part number 92162725 is what you're after. Of course, the mesh might not continue behind the cross bar. Grilles with separate parts are available for VZ sedans - SV6/SS/SV8 and similar model utes, VE (same variants), VZ Berlina and Monaro.

I am assuming here that as the parts are itemised separately, they are also available that way.

Last edited:

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
this sounds helpful for some ppl

... I want a lion on mine .... but I'm stuck with a ****** bowtie ! lol

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
BOY1236: Maybe you could ask around, and see if someone who wants to Chev up their VE wants to trade badges with you. ;)

Anyway, thats interesting...I suppose there would have to be a few variants of the badges to go on different models, but I didn't think there were so many!

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It's amazing that every time a Chev badge is mentioned, the thread turns to ****. The purpose of this thread was to illustrate just how many of the alternative badges are available, not to can Chevs or otherwise.

Mods - would you like to kill this one off before it goes any further down this road please?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
It's amazing that every time a Chev badge is mentioned, the thread turns to ****. The purpose of this thread was to illustrate just how many of the alternative badges are available, not to can Chevs or otherwise.

Mods - would you like to kill this one off before it goes any further down this road please?

Nah, will leave it open, will just delete the crap. From now on if anyone talks **** about badges and it is irrelevant to thread, I will just infract them. Watch people toe the line then ;)

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I just don't like the look of it. Comparing it to the lion badge i don't like it. I'm more a no badge person.
There are about 10 different colours of chev badge also i believe ?.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I just don't like the look of it. Comparing it to the lion badge i don't like it. I'm more a no badge person.
There are about 10 different colours of chev badge also i believe ?.

Hi Slick,

Not ten, but quite a few. Boot lid badges come in plain matt gold , matt gold with chrome borders of varying widths, blue with a chrome border and an encircled blue one with a chrome border and chrome circle.

Grille badges are similar in range, except that there is also a matt silver one.

Ute tailgates have two with a chromed surround and chromed circle, and two plain bowties with different chrome borders. All of them are matt gold (ie the bowtie).

The Pontiac badges are pretty ordinary too. I don't think there is a single badge in the catalogue that is as attractive as the Holden insignia, but that's just my opinion.

lucas_arts_182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
If your driving an australian car, wear the australian badge, its like waving the american flag around, theres nothing wrong with the lion in my opinion, or no badges at all looks nice if your car is plane. just the way i see it.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
If your driving an australian car, wear the australian badge, its like waving the american flag around, theres nothing wrong with the lion in my opinion, or no badges at all looks nice if your car is plane. just the way i see it.

Did you read the initial post?

FFS.