Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford and Nissan

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mercedes E-Class 2007, E220 CDI Wagon
Dunno if this is true or a rumour..... but i heard ford and nissan were merging or something... thats an improvement for ford but i feel sorry for nissan.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hahahahahaha... lol well said tdoyle88...

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Hmmm...could be a grain of truth in a rumor like that...anyone remember the "Nissan Ute" (falcon ute), or the "Ford Maverick" (Nissan Patrol)?

The main thing I recall about them was the warrantee...when you bought a Nissan Patrol, you got the standard Nissan 2 year-40,000km warrantee...but when you bought the same vehicle with "Ford Maverick" badges, you only got the Ford standard (at the time) 12 month-20,000km warrantee...:whistling
It also worked the opposite way too...I read of a plumber who bought a "Nissan Ute", which was only a Falcon ute with a massive vinyl "NISSAN" across the tailgate and "Ute" badges on the guards, being laughed at by his mates for being so gullible...but then he pointed out that if he bought the Ford version, he would only get a one year warrantee, but buying the one with Nissan badges, he got the Nissan 2 year warrantee instead...not so stupid after all... :thumbsup: :yeah:

Anyway, I would bet it would be more like a model-swap and good old badge-engineering deal...though what well-made vehicles like Nissan would do with a Falcon, I don't know...:whistling
For Ford to do this however, they would have to drop the deal with Mazda, one would think. That would create a place to replace the Ford Escape (Mazda Tribute), for one.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah, they might model swap but not merge...
Holden and Toyota did some swaps but i wouldn't exactly call that a merge..

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
i seen the ute wombat, a guy around the corner has one, in the shape of an xe

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
thats an improvement for ford but i feel sorry for nissan.

hows that an improvement for ford? if it's anything like the VL it's will bring ford down, unlike nissan ford don't need to slap turbo's on to make their cars move, ford did it for fun.

glassjowned

"Banana Hammock"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec.
It wouldn't be a merge so to speak - its not like Nissan would just turn into Ford. Ford owns a lot of manufacturers and most of you wouldn't know it (Mazda, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Volvo...)

And just because the Commodore and the Falcon hold such a rivalry doesn't mean you should hate on Ford International. That would be like hating Mazda, or Aston Martin because Ford owns them.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Its GM and Nissan + Renault. Isnt it. Pretty sure I read that in a motoring article. GM were a bit worried they were going to get anything out of the merge where as Nissan and Renault could get heaps out of it.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
Its GM and Nissan + Renault. Isnt it. Pretty sure I read that in a motoring article. GM were a bit worried they were going to get anything out of the merge where as Nissan and Renault could get heaps out of it.

This is pretty much right.
Rumors are everywhere, last week it was Ford and GM were planning a merger.