Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford Calls Quits for FPV

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
this thread is full of moronic opinions and false information.

Feel free to elaborate on what you feel is 'moronic' or 'false'. Your above comment added nothing to the thread but general unrefined negativity.

str8vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
They will come out of the UK more then likely. At the moment no one knows, but talk is V8 only.

I heard that Ford is shutting down all it's European plants, and the only plant near Europe will be in Turkey.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Couldn't see that happening.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Feel free to elaborate on what you feel is 'moronic' or 'false'. Your above comment added nothing to the thread but general unrefined negativity.

multiple quoting on an iphone is difficult, and since im in japan at the moment and cbf gibberishing my way onto a PC im going to just have to wait till i get back to fish through the multiple piles of rubbish in here.

one thing that comes to mind is the $285k pricetag you quote for a supersnake.
second would be the 300% markup on porsches.
third is the import tax being dropped buy not passed on to the consumer

there us more but i really cbf.

the mustang will take over as fords flagship here in OZ in 2016. its a brilliant thing for motorists here and overseas cos' it means you will have the ability to purchase something manufactured by foreigners and not lazy, slack, overpaid australians.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Ford is shutting the UK plant that makes the Transit vans, for Turkey. That's all I've read.

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
multiple quoting on an iphone is difficult, and since im in japan at the moment and cbf gibberishing my way onto a PC im going to just have to wait till i get back to fish through the multiple piles of rubbish in here.

one thing that comes to mind is the $285k pricetag you quote for a supersnake.
second would be the 300% markup on porsches.
third is the import tax being dropped buy not passed on to the consumer

there us more but i really cbf.

the mustang will take over as fords flagship here in OZ in 2016. its a brilliant thing for motorists here and overseas cos' it means you will have the ability to purchase something manufactured by foreigners and not lazy, slack, overpaid australians.

Mustang Motorsport - Category:New - Make:Mustang - Model:Shelby GT500 Super Snake - Detail
There is the $285,000 Mustang Super Snake at an importer in Vic

As having recently completed a thesis on tax cuts and discounts not being passed on to consumers, I can assure you that there is a large majority of importers who have not passed on this drop.

The 2013 Porsche Carerra S - $98,900 MSRP in the USA, $240,000 on Carsales thats 242% approximately (give or take taxes). Below is an article for your perusal.
Low prices and stronger dollar, but still Aussies pay more for new cars | News.com.au

I think it would be prudent to not assume that people don't fact check before posting on a forum.

Enjoy Japan

Last edited:

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
mate if you are stupid enough to believe that mustang motorsports are the only people who can get you a supersnake, then by all means go right on ahead and pay that astronomical price. cut off the luxury tax and overpriced conversion from MM and I think youll find the price a lot easier to swallow.

p.s. I can arrange that for you. I have the feeling youre priced out of the market no matter what though.

As having recently completed a thesis on tax cuts and discounts not being passed on to consumers, I can assure you that there is a large majority of importers who have not passed on this drop.

importers of what exactly? if you are talking about cars, which I assume you are, then the price of the car goes down with the price of the importation. we price on a strange thing called "market value" and try to get the cost as low under market as possible so we can shift more units. no one wants to sit on dead money for months. operating a business is about keeping money flowing. any stale investments (i.e. cars) are dead money, so any chance to pass on savings, we jump at it.

please don't forget that at the time duties dropped to 5% we got whacked with 10% gst... so yeah, not much of a saving there.

The 2013 Porsche Carerra S - $98,900 MSRP in the USA, $240,000 on Carsales thats 242% approximately (give or take taxes). Below is an article for your perusal.
Low prices and stronger dollar, but still Aussies pay more for new cars | News.com.au

you are comparing a car manufactured in LEFT HAND DRIVE by a country that drives on the left hand side (Germany) and is imported to a country that has a market 200 times the size of australias.
here is an interesting quote from your own link:
"Volume is king and more cars are sold in left-hand-drive countries than in right-hand-drive countries, so the customer has to pay," said Mercedes-Benz Australia spokesman David McCarthy.
not to mention the fact the cars are not assembled here so they are covered by full import taxes, duties, then compliance fees. and don't scoff at compliance fees. changing a 3000 dollar catalytic converter happens. changing a set of 750 dollar (1500 per pair) tail lights because they don't have an amber indicator happens. changing a side mirror from convex to fking "Pilkington 2mm flat glass" which is next to impossible to source anymore HAPPENS. you clearly have no idea of whats involved in bringing in cars to this country and passing ADR's

now that ford is shutting and hopefully holden too soon, you wont have to have as much of a sook, because we will start buying more decent cars from overseas, thus they may start making more for our market. or better yet, lets just convince the aus govt to change our cars to LHD, thatll also be fun. or even better still inform the Australian govt about the fact that the euro standards mark exceeds the ADR for safety and there is no need to change half the stuff we have to to pass pre-historic laws. all at the cost of the importer and not passed on to the buyer.

I think it would be prudent to not assume that people don't fact check before posting on a forum.

I don't give a toss how much you read or how many thesis you write, "checking your facts" involves living in the real world, and sadly you havnt done that yet

Enjoy Japan

I hate japan. I am here purely on business.

as an importer of cars, its kind of what I do.

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
mate if you are stupid enough to believe that mustang motorsports are the only people who can get you a supersnake, then by all means go right on ahead and pay that astronomical price. cut off the luxury tax and overpriced conversion from MM and I think youll find the price a lot easier to swallow.

p.s. I can arrange that for you. I have the feeling youre priced out of the market no matter what though.

importers of what exactly? if you are talking about cars, which I assume you are, then the price of the car goes down with the price of the importation. we price on a strange thing called "market value" and try to get the cost as low under market as possible so we can shift more units. no one wants to sit on dead money for months. operating a business is about keeping money flowing. any stale investments (i.e. cars) are dead money, so any chance to pass on savings, we jump at it.

please don't forget that at the time duties dropped to 5% we got whacked with 10% gst... so yeah, not much of a saving there.

you are comparing a car manufactured in LEFT HAND DRIVE by a country that drives on the left hand side (Germany) and is imported to a country that has a market 200 times the size of australias.
here is an interesting quote from your own link:

not to mention the fact the cars are not assembled here so they are covered by full import taxes, duties, then compliance fees. and don't scoff at compliance fees. changing a 3000 dollar catalytic converter happens. changing a set of 750 dollar (1500 per pair) tail lights because they don't have an amber indicator happens. changing a side mirror from convex to fking "Pilkington 2mm flat glass" which is next to impossible to source anymore HAPPENS. you clearly have no idea of whats involved in bringing in cars to this country and passing ADR's

now that ford is shutting and hopefully holden too soon, you wont have to have as much of a sook, because we will start buying more decent cars from overseas, thus they may start making more for our market. or better yet, lets just convince the aus govt to change our cars to LHD, thatll also be fun. or even better still inform the Australian govt about the fact that the euro standards mark exceeds the ADR for safety and there is no need to change half the stuff we have to to pass pre-historic laws. all at the cost of the importer and not passed on to the buyer.

I don't give a toss how much you read or how many thesis you write, "checking your facts" involves living in the real world, and sadly you havnt done that yet

I hate japan. I am here purely on business.

as an importer of cars, its kind of what I do.

Interesting way of representing your business, seems as though you have an inferiority complex. For a person in the car industry all be it importing promoting the further loss of jobs, you may or may not know what severe constant job losses do to an economy. If that were to take place, many things will change first of all being the Australian dollar, even though as a prudent businessman you should have already hedged.

Living in the real world as you so put it is pointless if you do not learn from the countless mistakes before you, that my friend is called an education. An invaluable certificate which provides you with a basis to try and deal with ignorant people like yourself.

Good luck to you and the business you are in, might I recommend if you are serious about running an importing business that you look at a Masters of Business Administration, to give you some perspective on economic issues which are obviously a little beyond your capacity.