Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford Dirt

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Heard a story from a mate who works at Ford that recent in house bulletins reveal that there is a on going problem with new high performance fpr engines in flagship models Seems that the problem with oil consumption similar to the generals gen 3 woes has afflicted blue oval fpr machinery at its highest level.
From bulletins the go is for mechanics to transplant a replacement engine in so customer has a car to use for the time it takes for fpr to recieve the old engine fix the ring problem and send it back to be fitted back to the original car so all the numbers line up.
Pretty time consuming and expensive exercise.
Anyone else heard a similar story?

M

mza

mate of mine works at lynford in perth i might see if hes heard anything

one joke he did tell me, with the new ford fiesta, u cant remove the drive belt, u have to cut it off. to put a new one on u need a tool, and once u use this stupid tool u cant use it again...wat a joke that is theres other stuff too but thats the funniest

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting Mark, at least they're addressing the issue properly by the sounds of things. Another company that I associate myself with just ceramic coats their pistons to solve clearance problems then slaps them back in.

Cheers

Jake

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
i remember the holden gen3 thing. apparently it was linked to hard driving, as you'd expect i guess. you can't blame people for buying a gen3 and driving it hard tho..

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
I think it was clearance dramas Jules, Holden used the driven too hard excuse at the beginning. My reference to ceramic coating pistons related to this, other than reboring a few thou or new blocks altogether they didn't have much choice. Imagine reboring and piston matching every LS1 that comes in under warranty

Cheers

Jake

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Hmm new powerplant woes. Wonder what the Gen4 and HFV6 will have in the wrong department.

Hopefully nothing...

Mike

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully not Mike I'm really looking forward to the new motors particularly the V6, its about time. Nissan had quad cam V8's in the 80's, we're so far behind it's not funny.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
QUOTE (OSL-060 @ Mar 17 2004, 07:28 PM) I think it was clearance dramas Jules, Holden used the driven too hard excuse at the beginning.

Imagine reboring and piston matching every LS1 that comes in under warranty
it was a clearance issue, but apparently the problems really appeared when they were driven hard. anyway that's what i've been told

i do know they've been rebuilding a whole lot of them, it's more than just a few here and there.

W

WeeMan

QUOTE (OSL-060 @ Mar 19 2004, 04:04 PM) Hopefully not Mike I'm really looking forward to the new motors particularly the V6, its about time. Nissan had quad cam V8's in the 80's, we're so far behind it's not funny.
Nissan must have some freek engineers

1992 they had dohc stright six that does 200kw then 300 with a turbo on their gt-r.

this new v6 probably still wont keep up with those old skyline motors