Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford ditch Aussie Focus

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
The Prius is not cheap to buy, not cheap to make (carbon footprint kind of cheap), not cheap to run (servicing costs are astronomical), but that didn't stop them from making or selling it.

pruises are cheap as to service, untill you have to replace the batteries in 10 years

they have less of everything, like 3l of oil, small filters etc etc, the electric motor dosnt have any regular maintance that i know of

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
Just out of curiosity the money you save in fuel from a turbo charged 4 compared to a 6 wouldn't you spend in the extra cost of insurance just because it's a turbo. Last time I looked a little while ago insurance was heaps dearer if you had a turbo, have things changed now?

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
^^^^^^^^^^ Near on 2 tonne ( par with VE ) they'd need it to weight 1500kg MAX or it'd be a slug that would chew as much fuel as a 6.

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
I am curious to see if all the Holden bashers who criticised Holden for getting cars from Korea, will now do the same to Ford for getting the Focus from Thailand. Or will they claim that Thailand make better cars than Korea?

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Didn't Ford use rebadged Kia's as Festiva's in the past ?

It's usually just the hardcore supporters who will shitcan anything the other side does, it's like those that always seem to have 10,000 things go wrong when they buy a Holden/Ford (remove favourite brand) but they have had a Ford/Holden XXXX for years and the only thing that's broken on it is the AM switch on the radio

Hopefully job losses (if any) are minimal now the Focus plan is dead and the Falcon/Territory find export markets for the sake of keeping locals employed

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It actually might work, we all know little petrol motors and big fat arsed cars is a disaster waiting to happen, but a good turbo diesel is ideal to move a whale. But man it's will be spooling it's little heart out getting a Falcon to move from a standstill :). Still the public missed out on the Focus, Australians just don't get it when it comes to cars like that. Ford AU aren't very good at making cars anyway, The Falcons still come with pre isntalled rust before you even pick one up so they probably would have made a mess of the Focus

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
edit - nevermind. i thought the focus wasnt going to be sold at all. it will be an import instead?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The Focus has allways been imported and will still be, not sure where it comes from at the moment, but it WAS from Germany originally I think at the moment they are from the South African plant. The Fiesta is switching from Germany to Thialand plant soon but I don't know if that Thialand plant will build Focus's as far as I know it will only build Fiestas and Mazda 2's (Ford and Mazda will share the factory since the cars share the same basic floorpan and suspension)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Just out of curiosity the money you save in fuel from a turbo charged 4 compared to a 6 wouldn't you spend in the extra cost of insurance just because it's a turbo. Last time I looked a little while ago insurance was heaps dearer if you had a turbo, have things changed now?

Insurance companies are beginning to see td as a separate category to petrol turbo motors.

Reaper