Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford Ranger

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
Haven't been on here in who knows how long so hello all.

Just had a quick question in relation to the heading about ford rangers. I've been in the market for a 4x4 for a little while now just having trouble finding something decent in my budget. I've noticed you can get second hand rangers in the 2.2 ltre turbo diesel years 2010-2012 for around 16000-17000 thousand. It seems soon as you look at the 5 cylinder 3ltre for the same car the price goes up another 10k. What are the 2.2ltres like? Some input would be good.

I love the look of the Ranger but I think the most my wife will let me spend is probably 18k

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The 2.2 is crap imo. Hilux 2.4 is a much better econo diesel.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
This is not a smartarse reply ……………. but I think you should join the Ford forum.
https://www.fordforums.com.au/index.php
Plenty of info and opinions on Rangers there.
Agreed. If you want information about the Ranger, ask the people who own them on the appropriate forum. Bit odd asking on a Commodore forum.

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
The 2.2 is crap imo. Hilux 2.4 is a much better econo diesel.
Thanks for the only helpful post.

I knew I was going to get a few replys like this but anyway here it goes..... first of all I can't be assed making a new profile on another site when I'm already a member here. I'm also well aware this is commodore forum, but this is also the pub section where any topic goes. Not all of us are one eyed Holden fans. This is a popular ute of choice these days, I'm more than certain a few people would own these on here.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Thanks for the only helpful post.

I knew I was going to get a few replys like this but anyway here it goes..... first of all I can't be assed making a new profile on another site when I'm already a member here. I'm also well aware this is commodore forum, but this is also the pub section where any topic goes. Not all of us are one eyed Holden fans. This is a popular ute of choice these days, I'm more than certain a few people would own these on here.

Directing you to a far better source of help isn't helpful ? OK.

Your laziness is no reason to give sh!t to people.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Directing you to a far better source of help isn't helpful ? OK.

Your laziness is no reason to give sh!t to people.
Why don't you just help a fellow Australian out. There's all these left right people today just help people out man.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Why don't you just help a fellow Australian out. There's all these left right people today just help people out man.

@figjam has already provided the best solution.

By @quick308 's own admission he is simply to lazy to look for the info himself.

Tell me again how this topic has anything to do with the left / right bullsh!t the prevails in today's disourse ?

Or are you on the bevvies again ?

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
If you like driving underpowered trucks, you'll love it...

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6

Common sense tells me that if you wanted to know specifics about a certain type/brand of 4wd, the best place to seek out those answers would be from owners on a 4wd forum
Ole mate "couldn't be assed" by his own admission to join one of these specific forums, well that just highlights that he's a lazy prick
What would your reply be if he was asking specific questions about a 2019 model mustang or ford falcon on this forum ?
Reality is sometimes people just need to wakeup to themselves and grow a f#cking brain

Last edited: