Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford Ranger

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I've been looking at many of these newer dual cab 4x4's and find it a hard thing to do to shell out the coin on them. the interior designs haven't advanced much since the mid 2000's. Engines are under powered.

It's why we have fixed our cars up because they offer the same and more.
My VZ has CarPlay and more polk than most.

I can't get my head around dropping 20-30k on one of these.
It's why I went for the Crewman.
The current ads for some Ranger variants is between 40+k over 50k. For a four door barge that is still a truck, tarted up as a "family transport". Even some SUV's have to represent more sensible buying than that.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Isn't the Colorado a D-Max with Holden badges?

Sort of …... same chassis, same cab, different guards, different engine and gear-boxes
IF, if, I was going to buy a soot blower, it would be a D-max. Somewhat old tech, proven, with less electronic aids to save me from myself.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I would buy a Colorado with the Supercharged LSX from HSV but I don’t have 100,000+ and if I did, I be smart enough to put that 100large to better use.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I've been looking at many of these newer dual cab 4x4's and find it a hard thing to do to shell out the coin on them. the interior designs haven't advanced much since the mid 2000's. Engines are under powered.

It's why we have fixed our cars up because they offer the same and more.
My VZ has CarPlay and more polk than most.

I can't get my head around dropping 20-30k on one of these.
It's why I went for the Crewman.
And I am rebuilding a 1970 4x4. I can then put whatever I want in it and only spend half as much.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
I don't see too much of an issue with someone asking a forum about a different brand of car, I understand telling him to go to the Ford Forum but I've been a member on there and there probably wouldn't be too many people to give him an honest opinion on them as from what I've seen there's a lot of Ford owners and fans that think everything Ford is fantastic and cant bring themselves to criticise it in anyway. Not to say it's not the same with Holden owners and fans but if you want true indication of something it's best to ask a few different sources.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I don't see too much of an issue with someone asking a forum about a different brand of car, I understand telling him to go to the Ford Forum but I've been a member on there and there probably wouldn't be too many people to give him an honest opinion on them as from what I've seen there's a lot of Ford owners and fans that think everything Ford is fantastic and cant bring themselves to criticise it in anyway. Not to say it's not the same with Holden owners and fans but if you want true indication of something it's best to ask a few different sources.

I would think the Ford forum would have many more members able to provide views on the Ranger based on their personal experience, even if bias was present. Its just as likely that asking a Holden forum about a Ford will garner responses along the lines of "its a **** heap". So far, there have only been a small number of responses in this thread actually relating to the car and really, what has the OP learned? That the 2. 2 is gutless and little else. I'm sure the Ford forum would have been more helpful than we have. It seems that most of us here a) don't like Rangers, b) don't like trucks and c) know SFA about Rangers anyway.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
It seems that most of us here a) don't like Rangers, b) don't like trucks and c) know SFA about Rangers anyway.

I occasionally look at various subjects on the Ford Forum ( you have to be a member to view specific threads, unlike this forum) and it is not all roses and sunshine for Ranger owners. They have their problems, and justifiable gripes. Yes, there a lot of Ford fanboys who absolutely hate Holdens, and vice versa.
But there are many other sites to get info, ‘Carsales’ and ‘Whichcar’ for tests, faults, opinions, statistics, and even more opinions.
It is a matter of being interested enough to do your own exploring and research, rather than asking people who have no interest in the vehicle that you want to know about. OP, are you reading this ?
So, in future, if I consider my advice regarding something like a Ford Powershift gearbox is not needed, so be it. I should know that if I have a good idea, it is best kept to myself.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I like 4x4 utes.
I just don’t like the quality and innovations on what is being offered by any of the manufacturers. Interiors are as good as an 05 Commodore. Styling is nothing special. Finish quality is as good or worse. Plastics that look cheap and sound cheap.

Tech can be added older cars now.

I like Fords. I like old Hondas. I like cars that are something special, good driving cars. Cars of any sort that if it was at a meet, you’d say That’s done well but not my cup of tea”. We can all appreciate a nice enough car. Nearly everyone on here would be of similar mind. No one is bagging out Ford, just feeling a bit out of our depth with offerings OP advice.

The whole Ford sucks Holden sucks is something less intelligent immature minds are prone to.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Man you must be a fun person to stir. is this an area where you feel safe to mouth off to people?... How sad. Grow up.

I will make whatever topic I like here, it's the pub section. Don't like it jog on. I'm not going to make a whole new profile to ask one question that's a waste of time. Especially since it's not really an envolved question for someone that knows about them. A few people here have said the 2.2 is underpowered, these are the sorts of answers I was looking for. So I guess I'll keep looking, or wait for a few more useful replys, but I definitely won't signing up to another ten forums to ask questions on other cars similar just to please a few people.

Yeah I'm a sh#tload of fun, just ask anyone who knows me
If you're ever in Darwin look me up cause I'll quite happily invite you around to my place and tell you straight to your face that you're a lazy prick, because at the end of the day you're the one who couldn't be assed bothering to spend a few minutes to join up to any of the multiple 4wd forums out there
Your lazy arse attitude has highlighted the fact that you're the one who needs to grow up, and you're only making yourself look like a dumbass with your piss poor attitude towards the offers of advice already given
I'll say it again.........….If you want to know about a specific 4wd, join a 4wd forum...Thats where the all the 4wd owners are who will be more than happy to share their thoughts and experiences with you

Ole' mate Forest summed it up pretty well...……………………………….
Momma-Always-Said-Sometimes-600x398.jpg

Also, I didn't reply to your post, so maybe it's you who should just "Jog On" if you can't handle peoples comments and opinions on the internet
Or just have a spoonful of concrete and harden the f#ck up, because you really are coming across as a bit of a princess

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yeah I'm a sh#tload of fun, just ask anyone who knows me
If you're ever in Darwin look me up cause I'll quite happily invite you around to my place and tell you straight to your face that you're a lazy k#nt, because at the end of the day you're the one who couldn't be assed bothering to join any of the 100's of 4wd forums out there
Your lazy arse attitude has highlighted the fact that you need to grow a brain, and you really are just making yourself look like an incompetent and lazy dumbass with your piss poor attitude towards the offers of advice already given
I'll say it again.........….If you want to know about a specific 4wd, join a 4wd forum...Thats where the 4wd owners will be more than happy to share their thoughts and experiences with you

Ole' mate Forest summed it up pretty well...……………………………….
View attachment 207958

I strongly suggest that you go and change your tampon princess
I didn't even reply to your post, so maybe it's you who should just "Jog On" if you can't handle peoples comments on the internet

Tell us what you really think ;)