Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ford Ute???

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mercedes E-Class 2007, E220 CDI Wagon
Hi guys,

Just lookin on the net but couldnt see it anywhere but does anyone know what type of Ford ute has the massive rear end and is a light candy blue colour. Sorta like the Holden utes that have the chev badge but ford style. Oh it had double twin exhausts in the center rear if that helps.

Went down to a private property and had a "drive" and come up with even stevens til about 100-110 then he was off....i wasnt goin to go any faster. After that he kept lookin puzzled at my car. I just want to know wat it was i was up against. I was thinkin an v8.

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
100-110 on private property hey??????????????????

If it was the BA shape and had a bulge in the bonnet then it's a good chance it was a V8.

He might have been toying with ya!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
an SVT lightning..?

nm-04-Ford-SVT-Lightning-f.jpg

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
i only saw the back as it were a narrow road and i expected him to go better. It just started to spit rain so the road was slightly wet, so maybe it gave me a bit better of a chance. And yeah property long long long driveway like about 1km.(does a driveway count as public roads)there was heaps of paddock on either side no trees.

The rear actually looked bigger than the lightning but it couldve just been the kit.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
what do u mean bigger? like wider or taller, ford does make cars and utes in the nice blue colour...what else can you tell us???

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
big_stretch said:
what do u mean bigger? like wider or taller, ford does make cars and utes in the nice blue colour...what else can you tell us???

wide and high lets just say it looked @#$%en huge....also sounded louder than mine so i was thinkin v8. ummm hard back cover.modified kit.It did have those bonnet holes.oh and a white/silver stripes.only ford badge on front/rear no other markings.

i dont know much about cars in general, i drive a holden "love em" so all i know about fords are they have wheels and they love to try to show down holdens when they get a chance.

it sounded like he was goin all out when we both got traction. but like i said i was just stoked to be keepin up.I dont drive like a toss i know my limits and comfort zone, but heh who hasnt ever gone for a burrrrgh. hope this helps

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
the stripes make me think it was a GT or whatever FPV is thorwing out these days, though the XR's also can get stripe kits i think...i'm pretty sure the typhoon can only be optioned with a crappy looking hard cover, like just a black one, (not like holdens humps)...so maybe it was a done up XR8, i'd say the kit wouldnt be the only mod if you know what i mean.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
big_stretch said:
the stripes make me think it was a GT or whatever FPV is thorwing out these days, though the XR's also can get stripe kits i think...i'm pretty sure the typhoon can only be optioned with a crappy looking hard cover, like just a black one, (not like holdens humps)...so maybe it was a done up XR8, i'd say the kit wouldnt be the only mod if you know what i mean.

There's the XR8 Ute (i think it's called a magnet) and the FPV one is a Persuit ute. Also FPV V8's are the only cars that come with stripes from the factory, the rest is aftermarket stuff.