Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Forum_Lurker's VFII Redline

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Well I just pulled out the R10 relay. Its the black one in boot with the following ID numbers printed on it (well at least it was on mine): 13500128 and 0248

The green ellipse below is where the relay 'was'.

xm5uzl.png

Afterwards I started the car and I'm quite certain it sounded louder. I'll find out when I take it for a drive to work tomorrow morning.

Jimunj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Legend - thanks mate! Could be a helluva lot cheaper than a new exhaust!

308hjute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
So how does it sound while it's open all the time? Not annoyingly raspy etc?

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Not annoying to me. Slightly deeper and your don't here the sudden change of sound when the RPMs climb over 3.5k. Just give it a shot, not much to lose :)

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
In the boot next to the battery is a small fuse box, thats where you'll find the fuse that controls the bimodal, just pull it out. Valves will stay open.

Car looks great, I'm thinking about doing mine the exact same, just undecided on the black lip spoiler, or body colour.

do you need to switch the car on and have it running select bi modal on in mylink and then pull the fuse to keep it open? cos when the car is switched off, does the flap close or stay open?

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
do you need to switch the car on and have it running select bi modal on in mylink and then pull the fuse to keep it open? cos when the car is switched off, does the flap close or stay open?

Firstly enable the exhaust in MyLink, turn off the car, unplug the relay. Done. It should now be open all the time.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Anyone else think the VF S2 actually looks better with the chrome on the front with the new revision? Having seen a few white Redlines with front black out kits, it doesn't jump out to me as necessary, as much as it did for VF S1.

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
Anyone else think the VF S2 actually looks better with the chrome on the front with the new revision? Having seen a few white Redlines with front black out kits, it doesn't jump out to me as necessary, as much as it did for VF S1.

It looks like a storm trooper and I love it... I'm a bit biased tho :)