Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Forum_Lurker's VFII Redline

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Anyone else think the VF S2 actually looks better with the chrome on the front with the new revision? Having seen a few white Redlines with front black out kits, it doesn't jump out to me as necessary, as much as it did for VF S1.

Yep, chrome on the front works for me. S1, nope!

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I think the blacked out trim works well on the white and the silver. The rest work better with the chrome, especially the black.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep, chrome on the front works for me. S1, nope!

Have to disagree with black S1. I've seen black cars with all the blackout parts, an it's just BLACK! You see no detail in what is a good looking front end. My opinion.

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Here are some more pictures from today.

All of my washes so far have been 'touchless', only been using hoses and pressure washers. I think the opticoat is doing its magic.... You can see the asphalt in the reflection.

34q1a2g.jpg

30tglzd.jpg

200cix.png

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
Bloody brilliant mate! Looking shmick the opticoat works a treat. When you do give it a hand wash, make sure you either hit it with the pressure washer first or use a foam lance first to clear any surface dust... Oh and use a nice woollen mitt. Can't go wrong if you stick to that. Looks brand new after every wash....

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
So far, I've only used the foam lance at one of those coin car washes and today I used the foam lance that came with the Bosch pressure washer with Meguiars Wash NXT Generation (the Bosch was an Xmas pressie). The Meguiars did foam 'ok', but I needed to use a 1:1 ratio of it with water in the lance's bottle to get any useful foam.

I'm definitely going to splash on the Autobrite foam lance though (even though the Bosch one did a better job than the car washer's one).

Also, I'm the lazy type that drives up and down the freeway to dry after 'sheeting'. Seems to work fine for me except for some residual water spots on the rear and side windows. What products do you guys use on your glass?

I'm doing everything I can to avoid hand washing the car, as I don't have any of the gear for it and I REALLY don't want to scratch or put swirls on it.... although I know that day will come where a hand wash is required.

Jimunj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
So far, I've only used the foam lance at one of those coin car washes and today I used the foam lance that came with the Bosch pressure washer with Meguiars Wash NXT Generation (the Bosch was an Xmas pressie). The Meguiars did foam 'ok', but I needed to use a 1:1 ratio of it with water in the lance's bottle to get any useful foam.

I'm definitely going to splash on the Autobrite foam lance though (even though the Bosch one did a better job than the car washer's one).

Also, I'm the lazy type that drives up and down the freeway to dry after 'sheeting'. Seems to work fine for me except for some residual water spots on the rear and side windows. What products do you guys use on your glass?

I'm doing everything I can to avoid hand washing the car, as I don't have any of the gear for it and I REALLY don't want to scratch or put swirls on it.... although I know that day will come where a hand wash is required.

Mate car is looking unreal - you must be thrilled with it! Got mine today and am absolutely loving it.

Also, I've heard the guys at Magic Hand Car Wash just off Hoddle St are meant to be the best in town (that's if you CBF doing it yourself). I have a heap of car nut mates who swear by them. After I get my OptiCoat and tint done on Saturday I might head down there and have a chat to the guys and sus them out. I'll keep you posted

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
i have the autobrite foam lance and its a really good product IMO... ratio of about 10:1 with the mixture, but i bought the 5L tub for $80 so should last me a fair while hahaha...... a nice little tip for mixing is to fill the bottle with water first (leaving room for the foaming agent) then just top it up with the mix, put the lid back on and give it a little shake to mix. If you put the foaming agent in first THEN water, it all foams up and bubbles before you've even got the lid on and its a pain in the arse hahaha.

I dry the car with an air dryer, you look like a tool doing it, but with the opticoat its a piece of piss and takes about 5 mins.

haha no need to "avoid" washing the car. I use the meguires woollen mitt to wash the car and it works great. As long as you rinse with the pressure washer first then you're not going to scratch or swirl the surface with opticoat applied. Ive hand washed mine multiple times and i still haven't got a single mark/scratch/swirl on the whole car.

This is the roof of my car after a wash. (the bit with the pipe is actually a reflection of the roof above)
odH2dKjh.jpg

And the bonnet
oTvvFOOh.jpg

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Thanks! Yes, I am loving the car!

I'm really impressed with the OptiCoat so far.

Yeah, let me know how you go with the Magic Hand Car Wash mob Jimunj.

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
a nice little tip for mixing is to fill the bottle with water first (leaving room for the foaming agent) then just top it up with the mix, put the lid back on and give it a little shake to mix. If you put the foaming agent in first THEN water, it all foams up and bubbles before you've even got the lid on and its a pain in the arse hahaha.

I dry the car with an air dryer, you look like a tool doing it, but with the opticoat its a piece of piss and takes about 5 mins.
Thanks for the tip about putting the water in the bottle first. I did it the other way 3 times yesterday and bubbles were all of the place!

Regarding the drying, what sort of air dryer to you use? I notice my black roof seems to look a little water spotty too after a 'wash'.

That picture you had with the reflection of the pipe looks amazing!