Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Forum_Lurker's VFII Redline

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
I use a makita Electric air blower which works really well... there is cordless ones available. But they're not as powerful, need constant recharging and means you need to buy batteries too. I figured that if I've got a powerpoint to run the pressure washer then I'm always gonna have power for the electric blower haha. I use an extension lead with it of course as the lead on the blower is very small.
8vrmwTWl.jpg

Regarding the drying, what sort of air dryer to you use? I notice my black roof seems to look a little water spotty too after a 'wash'.

That picture you had with the reflection of the pipe looks amazing!

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I use a makita Electric air blower which works really well... there is cordless ones available. But they're not as powerful, need constant recharging and means you need to buy batteries too. I figured that if I've got a powerpoint to run the pressure washer then I'm always gonna have power for the electric blower haha. I use an extension lead with it of course as the lead on the blower is very small.
8vrmwTWl.jpg

Well that sounds like a good idea. I already have a Ryobi ONE+ driver. I'll probably give the blower a shot. The newer lithium 18V batteries pack quite a punch and last a long time.

Thanks for all of your tips!

OSH1360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Well I just pulled out the R10 relay. Its the black one in boot with the following ID numbers printed on it (well at least it was on mine): 13500128 and 0248

The green ellipse below is where the relay 'was'.

xm5uzl.png

Afterwards I started the car and I'm quite certain it sounded louder. I'll find out when I take it for a drive to work tomorrow morning.

thought id join the hype and give this a go..

the good:
definitely a little more louder and the noise is there for longer

the bad:
it felt like between around the 1500rpm and 2500rpm it wasn't as responsive with the valves closed
according to the on board computer, average fuel consumption went up by about 2L/100kms (this was tested back to back, same road, same conditions and using the cruise control)

overall i was more then happy to put the relay back in. but each to their own.

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Interesting about the responsiveness and fuel consumption. I don't think I noticed the negatives that you had mentioned, although I didn't run the thing back to back as you did with cruise control (BTW, good idea).

The 'internet' does seem to agree with the fact that lower exhaust back pressure (eg. open bimodal) at low RPM is a bad thing: Back pressure and the camaro... - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com and Back pressure and torque - LS1TECH

So you are most likely correct.

If I plod along nice and gently, I get around 13.2L/100KM. What are you getting?

Although if I drive it like its meant to be driven, the sky's the limit :)

OSH1360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Interesting about the responsiveness and fuel consumption. I don't think I noticed the negatives that you had mentioned, although I didn't run the thing back to back as you did with cruise control (BTW, good idea).

The 'internet' does seem to agree with the fact that lower exhaust back pressure (eg. open bimodal) at low RPM is a bad thing: Back pressure and the camaro... - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com and Back pressure and torque - LS1TECH

So you are most likely correct.

If I plod along nice and gently, I get around 13.2L/100KM. What are you getting?

Although if I drive it like its meant to be driven, the sky's the limit :)

i normally get around 11 - 11.5L/100kms. with my best 'score' being 9.9L/100kms.

DanR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Special Edition
i was so torn between getting my usual Black, or going with White - i ended up up going black, but seeing yours makes me question my decision!

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
i was so torn between getting my usual Black, or going with White - i ended up up going black, but seeing yours makes me question my decision!

Don't worry. Black is nice too!

I'm sure they all look pretty similar from the driver's seat :D

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Lurker feel free to post more pics, your car is stunning and the exact spec that I want for my MY17 Redline.