Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Forward Collision Alert- What does it do besides Alert You?

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Does it actually apply the brakes in an emergency like others I have read or just go "BEEP BEEP BEEP" and flash a light?

xtr3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 3.6L
The system watches for the sudden speed decrease of the vehicle in front of you, if you creep up to the car in front slowly it wont interrupt you

If it thinks a crash is imminent the system cancels cruise, increases brake pressure, mutes all audio playing, plays an audible beep and if the HUD is fitted to the car it shows a red screen with the forward collision alert picture in black.
It does not engage braking for you!

Hope this was more descriptive than the video linked above
This is my experience with this, I doubt anyone elses will vary but Im sure someone will comment if it does

Krustyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
The system watches for the sudden speed decrease of the vehicle in front of you, if you creep up to the car in front slowly it wont interrupt you

If it thinks a crash is imminent the system cancels cruise, increases brake pressure, mutes all audio playing, plays an audible beep and if the HUD is fitted to the car it shows a red screen with the forward collision alert picture in black.
It does not engage braking for you!
Agree & confirm the same.