Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Forward facing throttle body setup WTB!!! Help!

[V6] Vr CoMmY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Commodore
Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a twin or single throttle plenium/intake manifold for my vy storm stroker but I'm having trouble finding any at all :/ I'm after one that looks like the edelbrock ls1 manifold... Can anyone shed some light on my search...

Cheers

PS no HATERS!

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
look at the l36 manifold from the camaros in the states, theyre forward facing. you might need additional brackets for repositioned alternator and such though.

3800%20Series%20II%20%203.8L%20V6%20(L36).jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
look at the l36 manifold from the camaros in the states, theyre forward facing. you might need additional brackets for repositioned alternator and such though.

3800%20Series%20II%20%203.8L%20V6%20(L36).jpg

From what I hear those manifolds aren't the best(short runners). A fair few US guys have imported the Aussie ecotec manifolds as they seem to perform better then theirs.

Would be good though if someone got one over so we could get a good comparison done here.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
You just put an idea in my head immortality... will have to wait till i get a tig welder first

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You just put an idea in my head immortality... will have to wait till i get a tig welder first

do I get to claim any royalties? :D

troykinsvt

yes i like fibreglassing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
browns_plains_wreckers....I have a twin throttle body setup.

As new, $1,200.
thats what he has and price , give him a yell

WarShrike

Reaction score
Website
www.fquick.com
Members Ride
2000 Pontiac Firebird V6
That's the cleanest F-body L36 I've ever seen. Gotta love press release engines.

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
I really like the coil relocation idea. However i had the idea of the of the servo operated throttle body. Id much prefer mine to be cable operated.

The idea of taking our plenum and welding a TB to the front of it could be good and bad. The stock set up leans out runners 3 and 4. So going off that theory wouldnt welding a TB to the front lean out runner 1?

But if it was to work more, a LS1 OTR could look the **** in there but would require a mafless tune as i think it would be a very tight squeeze to fit a AFM.

Correct me if im wrong, but thats how im thinking about the situation.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
The image was just a reference, would be something to modify. The fwd l36s in the states also got a banana style manifold that can be flipped 180deg to face forwards, tho the composite ones had leak troubles. If you're lucky, you can get one with an alloy upper aswell.