Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Forward only in every gear

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Don't need to thanks though, maybe you should lack of fluid = no pressure in the valve body to in gouge the clutch pack, no flow no gear change, he describes the car creeping forward in every gear tells me the torque converter spline ring has broken away, if it was only doing it one gear then it be a solenoid or sticky valve or bad clutch pack, but this case sounds torque converter symptoms .

You say this, which contradicts your previous posting...Low fluid means no drive...Simples

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You say this, which contradicts your previous posting...Low fluid means no drive...Simples
No it doesn't as I was waiting for his response which he said the fluid levels are correct, don't go skipping bits of the thread just to try to justify yourself, you stick with your suspension expertise ok..

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
No it doesn't as I was waiting for his response which he said the fluid levels are correct, don't go skipping bits of the thread just to try to justify yourself, you stick with your suspension expertise ok..

Read what you wrote Trevor....First low fluid, which means no pressure in the valve body to engage the clutch pack....The op has already stated he is getting creeping in all forward gears....

Now you are claiming low fluid would cause creeping in gears....Contradiction plus, as per ususal for you.....So you stick to the stuff you know about, which appears to be nothing

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Read what you wrote Trevor....First low fluid, which means no pressure in the valve body to engage the clutch pack....The op has already stated he is getting creeping in all forward gears....

Now you are claiming low fluid would cause creeping in gears....Contradiction plus, as per ususal for you.....So you stick to the stuff you know about, which appears to be nothing

Took you 9 days to come up with that, just for you I did read what I wrote and it stands true what I said, eliminating one thing at a time so to understand the issue at hand, Nice try.. Maybe come back in another 9 days and have another dig..

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Took you 9 days to come up with that, just for you I did read what I wrote and it stands true what I said, eliminating one thing at a time so to understand the issue at hand, Nice try.. Maybe come back in another 9 days and have another dig..

Took 9 days, because I've been busy with other stuff. ie family in hospital

2ndly...You've still contradicted yourself....first you say low fluid levels....Op states fluid level fine....Car is creeping in forward gears

You state seals can cause loss of pressure....No pressure equals no drive....Car is creeping in forward gears

Your final response....Broken torque converter spring has broken away....That's trying to cover your ass from your original "theory" after it was pointed out that it can't be low fluid related.

So go back and read again and try and cover your ass

Last edited: