Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Found a manual conversion for the VP

Tamperer#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 3.8 "just needs a little love"
its from a series 1 VN so im gonna have to source a s2 flywheel, any ideas where in sa (and without having my pants pulled down over the price) i might find one? a certain commodore dismantler just quoted me 400 and something for one!!!
also if anyone wants the s1 flywheel thats coming with it make me an offer, i'll probly stick it on the parts for sale forum when the conversion arrives (its in Vic somewhere im getting my cousin to pick it up for me). looking forward to this little project, well, the end result anyway, getting to that stage will be the interesting bit. :yeah::yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Series 2 flywheels are rare as. I rang every wreakers in qld and none would sell one seperatly, I got to around sydney and someone put me onto Holdent. But the price $540 delivered to central Queensland, they are a billit flywheel not a cast.
Matt

Tamperer#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 3.8 "just needs a little love"
yeah i had a feeling there hard to come by, luckily the auto seems to be behaving a little better of late so atleast i have some time to hunt down a flywheel. dont really wanna cough up $540 for a flywheel considering the manual cost about that lol. think i need a starter motor to suit too, better go snooping around upullit :D

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Contact Yella Terra. If you're going to spend big bucks, you may aswell get a light weight fly :p hahaha. Make sure you get a nice new clutch to go with it :)