Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Four-wheel-drives and our new obsession

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Women are pushing the whole suv thing. It's more of a "keeping up with the jones's" kinda deal because the CX5/7's look cute and nice.
I have a Ranger for work and i will say they drive ok for their size but you can't justify the price tag for an interior which is on par with a landrover.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I was in my brothers Triton and it has less room front and rear than a Commodore. I was not impressed and wouldn't want to own one but he uses it on the beach so it suits his needs and lifestyle.

I'm seriously leaning towards a RAM but with a Cummings diesel so I can terrorise all those mid sized SUV's on the road. Put a lift kit on it, 35" wheels and huge bright lights set way to high...

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I'm seriously leaning towards a RAM but with a Cummings diesel so I can terrorise all those mid sized SUV's on the road. Put a lift kit on it, 35" wheels and huge bright lights set way to high...

Sounds like a good zombie apocalypse vehicle!

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hadn't thought about that aspect, but yes. I could make myself a huge steel front bar, that would be a nice home project and a good excuse to break out my welder.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
EYY
Can't agree about four door utes being good for family transport. My daughter purchased a new Triton early last year thinking it's versatility as a people/load carrier met their needs. .
My reply was with reference to the 4x4/SUV trend, not necessarily regarding dual cab utes. I wouldn’t have one unless absolutely necessary. Couldn’t afford the tolls! Leaf spring rear end with no weight will always be a little harsh. Spent a fair bit of time in dual cabs - I bought a wagon with coils all round for a reason lol

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I was in my brothers Triton and it has less room front and rear than a Commodore. I was not impressed and wouldn't want to own one but he uses it on the beach so it suits his needs and lifestyle.

At least you won't have trouble finding a parking spot :)......Just hope no one you knows needs to get in, that are short, otherwise you'll need to carry a step ladder

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
I'd have joined the crew for a daily with either a Dual Cab ute or more likely a Van (because it actually is practical for where work sends me into remote country areas and having accommodation in the back).
Except the damn Tolls on the road around Melbourne.
No point in paying an extra amount just because its a "light commercial" classification.

Most people wanted something to be higher up to see infront, and everyone has followed the same pattern.
But a lot of it is keeping up with the jones'. Plenty don't really need it, but love it as a "just in case".

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
My missus won't be able to get in but me and the boys will be fine :)

Gun rack in the back window (with Texas flag) going to far?