Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fpv

spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pac S2 M5
Recently an FPV GT with only low kays on the clock came back with an motor dripping oil. Was still running quite quick and seemed to be the special one. but for warrenty the motors was pulled apart and suprise surpirse there was no head gaskets.

after it was repaired the guy came back complaining of less power.. apparently there was only the smallests of gaps so compression was increased with no gaskets.

Another one from FPV.

everyone has a certain job. One of these jobs is to put the rings on the pistons and put them into a group of 8 (for a v8) on a rack ready to be put into the motor. Well this was not carried out and the pistons were put into the car without any notice of this. well lets just say the early gen111s didn't really rattle that much. This motor never made it for sale.

Anyone else have any stories like this, form any car manufacture... Prefferably not holden :yeah:

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Boss from my one of my previous jobs bought a ford falcon brand new. He pulled up at a set of lights one day and when he tried take off it wouldn't go. Turns out some guy had only half filed the trans fluid. All was replaced under warranty so he was lucky.

vee ka

Reaction score
Members Ride
'85 HDT VK SS, '03 Liberty GT, '06 Forester XT
a mate of mine has a boss 260+ ba ute '05 ( i think ) with low kays and his motor is going through about a litre of oil every month!! he's thinking of selling it now :thumbsup: so its not just the gen 111's hey and after all the crap the ford lovers gave us holdeners!!!!

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
all the backing for the velcro in the boot of mum and dads vs wagon was just stashed under the carpet.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
In the previous model Astra (in the UK at least) on some engines, the pistons were mismatched to the block (very slightly too small) resulting in high oil consumption and smoking. I don't think the Astra ever had that engine over here as it was a 1.4 litre.

Sorry it's Holden related! Can't think of any other major probs though, which isn't bad considering the number of cars we saw.

When I worked for Mazda, the amount of recalls or reworks seemed to go up the more involved Ford got.

GLD-086

Reaction score
A mate bought a VS Berlina, which blew up 2 days later.

It's a nice car to drive, but I've never thought highly of the Ecotec.

80shovelead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, VS Exec, VL Exec
At work a brand new FPV F6 Typhoon came in straight off the delivery truck and it had a hole in the block so the motor got replaced because the hole was un repairable and it got put back together and all was good until it got started with the new motor and then there was a problem with both cams in the motor so they got replaced and the car is all good now. But its really bad for a car to come from over east and the problem not get noticed until it got delivered to the car yard.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
My father bought a new VX R8 Clubsport, after 3 days it needed an engien replacement, after 2 months a trans replacement, 3 days after the trans replacement the engien needed replacing again. Needless to say he has only ever owned fords since. Hav to admit their new GT-P with the 6 speed auto is impressive.

80shovelead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, VS Exec, VL Exec
oh thats not good, thought of another one a '05 model GT came in and was diagnosed with bad commpression so the heads got replaced and the head on the right bank of the motor was missing a core plug from the back of the head so it was leaking coolant badly and is still sitting in the workshop. The heads that came where brand new from the factory aswell so its really bad