Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Freakin steering wheel stuck on

mischf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S2
I'm trying to get my steering wheel off it's got cancer (lumps from the sun). The bastard won't come off, i bought a $12 puller from autobarn and it fits well but the thread came off one of the bolts and it popped out when i was trying to pull it. Its tighter than a 12 year old are they all like that??

And another Q:

Where can I get brand new door rubbers from?

Last edited:

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
clarke rubber has door seals
with the steering wheel you need 2 people one has to sit in the car andd pull back on the wheel hard and wiggel it from side to side and the other needs to tap the steering shaft with a hammer not too hard as you may stuff the bearing
NOTE : leave the nut on so its level with the shaft because they tend to come off fast and cause facial damage lol also so you dont damage the thread on the shaft

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
I had the same problem with mine.. But with the wheel puller and some little bashes on each side, it helped.

You have to remember also, with the VN wheel, there is 2 (or it may only be 1) screws that go through the metal plate in the horn, and actually connect to the column. So if you don't take that 1 or 2 screws out, even with a wheel puller you wont get it off...

I also used a smaller bolt for the ones that you screw in to support the puller.. I found the ones supplied were just a little bigger and was not as solid...