Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Free Lotto Mobile Scam

Uber_Flacky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 ltr Ute
Hey guys,
Just thought I would let you know of a SMS I recieved earlier this morning from a "Claimed" Freelotto Mobile Promotion,

It reads as follows:

Your mobile number has won for you the sum of $2,000,000 in our Freelotto mobile promotion, to claim call on +447011163246, Email: [email protected]

I have recieved several of these messages today, first of which was around 3 am this morning... and each of the messages has been a little different, i.e using capital letters, changing amount to USD and the email seems to change each time.

Done some checking and confirmed it is a scam (like I didn't guess that already seeing as I haven't & will not sign up to any of that junk, lol) just thought i would give you all a heads up, sorry about the length of post...

Also does anyone know if I can stop recieving these somehow, or where to report this too???

Uber_Flacky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 ltr Ute
just recieved another one ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uber_Flacky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 ltr Ute
And Another, lol not even a minute now...

Uber_Flacky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 ltr Ute
lol, add another 5, they keen aren't they...

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
Best bet would be to call your service provider dude, im not sure if its the case here but some of those companies charger YOU a fee each time YOU receive a message. Sounds like you have been bombed. Did you enter your mobile number online somewhere? Even a forum can do the trick as they search for that kind of stuff, hence the reason most people write there email address like this: email 'at' something dot com

Uber_Flacky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 ltr Ute
Well, just got back from my service provider's shop, they said sorry, there is 3 things I can do.

1: Wait it out, will most probably stop in a day or so
2: Stop receiving messages altogether or
3: Change my mobile number (Like its my fault)

Went to the cops and there is nothing they can do for me (surprise surprise)
I also called the 3 care centre (my service provider is 3) and he said what the shop said basically.

I am Really P****D at the moment because I don't give my mobile number to anyone I don't have to, i.e Any website, forum etc... only to people and essential businesses like my bank etc...

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
You'd think with everything today that they'd be able to block a certain number. Unless its one of those sneaky messages that has no number?

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
Well, just got back from my service provider's shop, they said sorry, there is 3 things I can do.

1: Wait it out, will most probably stop in a day or so
2: Stop receiving messages altogether or
3: Change my mobile number (Like its my fault)

Went to the cops and there is nothing they can do for me (surprise surprise)
I also called the 3 care centre (my service provider is 3) and he said what the shop said basically.

I am Really P****D at the moment because I don't give my mobile number to anyone I don't have to, i.e Any website, forum etc... only to people and essential businesses like my bank etc...

Tell you what, there full of absolute ****. Had a similar problem 3 years ago, they can block the messages and also phone calls. They can even block a call from a specific tower (location). Also lost my phone on the train 2 years ago, told me they couldnt do anything to locate the phone, but as i know they can, i kept ringing an ringing to get a different operater and eventually found where the phone was using tri-tower locating from my helpfull indian/gook friend. If service providers say it cant be done, there f*cking full of it.