Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Free Upgrade to SHELL VPOWER

Status
Not open for further replies.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
all the woolies servos around my area are caltex fuel, they also have vortex 95 and 98, never had a problem with it,

personally i think its all in your head, its just petrol, same as any other caltex servo, i think if it was really causing mechanical problems alot more people would know about it, and there servos would be empty, not jam packed like they are

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I wouldn't ouch woolworths fuel at all. I've told people to try shell over them and they get a fair bit more mileage! Caltex fuel is just crap! I work for Woolworths and id rather spend more than go there and get my discount!

I have now stopped using Shell after a dispute i had anyways. Thye've lost a long time customer who with his current vehicle always put in VPower, their loss. My car now gets Mobil 8000, and gets even more fuel mileage. But by tests done by someone who was filming fuel companies a while ago the Mobil 8000 is the best fuel available, especially for the higher performance vehicles, or the older ones. Just gets a lot more out of it. And burns a lot better.

Then you have the talk of Ethanol, but that's a whole other story.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I know, i was just being a smartass :p

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
all the woolies servos around my area are caltex fuel, they also have vortex 95 and 98, never had a problem with it,

personally i think its all in your head, its just petrol, same as any other caltex servo, i think if it was really causing mechanical problems alot more people would know about it, and there servos would be empty, not jam packed like they are

Well the subaru that was running the fuel mysteriously stopped pinging when it was changed to bp/whatever. This mechanic friend of mine runs an ultratune and finds this problem with a lot of customer's cars. He tells them to change the fuel they use and the problem disappears.

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
yeh ill prob use this if i get my car back from mechanics friday...i would rather use safeway premium, i find that lasts longer than shell

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
maybe they'll raise the reg prices, like when the introduced the spend $30 and get 4c saving, food prices want up. well that's what people said:whistling

today petrol jumped up 14c
good thing i filled up yesterday

Last edited:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Like many people here, I wouldn't touch Shell fuels with a ten-foot barge pole. I'm a BP and Mobil believer myself (don't they use the same base fuel, and add their own additives?).

I've had a spluttery run on Shell petrols before - NEVER on Mobil, and never on BP.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Aren't Wollies pumps just Caltex anyway? Nothing wrong with Caltex in my book. The old Rolla used to love it.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Caltex fuel definatly doesn't get anywhere near as much milegage as say Mobil fuels!

As for BP, i'm not too sure where they get their base fuel from, but i do know Mobil has higher pecking order. I've had some bad experiences with BP which is why i went for Shell and didn't have any trouble with them. The only trouble i did have was a customer service issue. Only used VPower and Mobil 8000 in my VY, wouldn't put in anything less.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I've found different car's seem to like different fuels. I have nothing except for anecdotal evidence to back that up, but it's what I've noticed. Rolla liked Caltex, VT liked BP, VZ likes Mobil and Shell :p

Status
Not open for further replies.