Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Free Upgrade to SHELL VPOWER

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwordFish

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vZ
Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster.

Just thought i would share with all you guys who buy premium fuels, You can get a FREE upgrade to shell VPower 98 with this online coupon.

Go to Coles Express - V-Power Discount and download the voucher, then fill up on Sunday and you can get V power for the price of the normal Shell 91. The site says the vouchers are limited to 1 million hits to the site.

It is for one day only! and best of all it can be used in conjuction with your current Coles 4c/litre coupons!!

Thanks guys and enjoy your cheap fuel!!!

SwordFish

SwordFish

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vZ
Gosh i would of thought you guys would of been all over this?

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i don't really feel strongly, but i know there's a lot of distrust of shell fuels on a few car forums.
couldn't say why though.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Cheers for the link! I dont see a problem with shell fuels... woolworths on the other hand I won't use.

Maci

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden Statesman
its legit, just called coles... i was a little unsure lol.

Its all good, cant wait for some cheaper fuel..

Note: Just found in the fine print *WHILE STOCKS LAST* ..... i'll be lucky if mine has any......

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Cheers for the link! I dont see a problem with shell fuels... woolworths on the other hand I won't use.

What's the difference between Coles or Woolworths? I work for the latter so get 4c off all the time, always run 98RON because I have to (tune) and have had ZERO problems. I wouldn't use shell in general - a company that murders it's workers for going on strike don't deserve my business

EDIT: Not strike *facepalm*, just having Nigerian people murdered

On November 10, 1995, Nigerian poet and environmental activist Ken Saro-Wiwa and nine co-defendants were hanged by General Abacha, the dictator of Nigeria, despite international pleas for clemency. Ken Saro-Wiwa's crime was fighting against the exploitation of the Ogoni people and the destruction of their land by oil companies, including Mobil, Chevron, Texaco, and especially Shell.

Ogoniland, the center of oil production in Nigeria, has suffered deteriorating social and environmental conditions, in great part because it is a center of the country's oil production, generating 80% of government revenues in Nigeria.

Shell Oil controls most of the country's resources, having extracted an estimated $30 billion worth of oil from Ogoniland since 1958. Shell has never used its considerable influence either to moderate the anti-democratic actions of General Abacha and previous authoritarian governments, or to help the Ogoni People and Ken Saro-Wiwa, from whose homeland, Ogoniland, Shell Oil has reaped enormous profits over the past 37 years.

Since Ken Saro-Wiwa's execution, Shell has announced plans to build a liquefied natural gas pipeline from the Niger Delta on Nigeria's coast through Ogoniland. The Niger Delta is home to coastal rain forest, mangrove habitats, and wetlands. It has been identified by the United Nations as the most endangered river delta in the world, the result of nearly four decades of oil exploitation. From 1982 to 1992 alone, more than 6.4 million liters of oil were spilled in Nigeria, an amount more than 40% higher than that released by the Exxon Valdez.

You can respond to Ken Saro-Wiwa's murder and to the ravaging of Nigeria's environment by Shell Oil, a British-Dutch consortium, as well as the American oil companies Texaco, Chevron, and Mobil, by writing letters to the President and your Senators and Representative in Congress demanding that sanctions be placed on Nigeria immediately, and that no oil be purchased from Nigeria.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
What's the difference between Coles or Woolworths? I wouldn't use shell in general - a company that murders it's workers for going on strike don't deserve my business

EDIT: Not strike *facepalm*, just having Nigerian people murdered

The reason I don't use woolworths fuel is because I've had mechanical issues directly related to it in the past. A mechanic friend of mine tells me its a common occurance also.

As for Nigerians, I don't know the facts so I won't comment either way.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
But don't the Woolworths branded servos get their fuel from the same refineries as the normal Caltex servos? Unless the Woolies ones don't clean their tanks out as regularly or something....

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
But don't the Woolworths branded servos get their fuel from the same refineries as the normal Caltex servos? Unless the Woolies ones don't clean their tanks out as regularly or something....

Not sure if its the case now but apparently they never used to. I remember hearing they used to buy it at auction or something? I don't know maybe someone else can clarify.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Wouldn't put Shell fuel in my bloody lawnmower.......

Status
Not open for further replies.