Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Free V8 Supercars content on your mobile with OVO!

Motorculture

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Commodore
If you love watching V8 Supercars, whether it’s on the TV or at the track, switching your mobile or tablet to OVO will dramatically enhance the experience.

OVO is a proudly Australian owned hybrid telco/media company, and is now the official Telecommunications provider of V8 Supercars.

So why should V8 fans switch to OVO? Well, OVO customers can tune into live commentary and access in-car telemetry during races, as well as access exclusive behind-the-scenes footage and a library of classic V8 races, all from their mobile device. How good is that!

And the best bit is that none of this counts towards your monthly data allowance, so it’s 100% free for all OVO customers through OVO Time.

OVO has also teamed up with Prodrive Racing star Chaz Mostert, so expect plenty of content from the Bathurst 1000 winner.

Operating via the Optus 4G network and offering coverage to 98.5% of Australians, OVO has sharply-priced plans for both mobile phones and tablets. Mobile phone plans feature unlimited calls and SMS to mobiles within Australia, and start from a very reasonable $29.95 per month, with an introductory rate of just $19.95 for your first month.

OVO is granting fans virtual access to the V8 Supercars paddock, and delivering value-packed mobile and tablet plans at the same time. To find out more, check out www.ovo.com.au or call 1300 002 686.

gazket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
no one cares for V8 Supercars any more as they killed their own audience .

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
no one cares for V8 Supercars any more as they killed their own audience .

A lot of people would agree with you, but a lot would also disagree
I know that people were unhappy when the V8 Supercars coverage moved from free to air TV and started being broadcast on cable (Fox Sports)
From all the comments in the media I read about the switch, it was very obvious that most of the people that were complaining were the ones who didn't have cable TV, and it was mainly because they were too much of a tight arse to pay for it. Why should I pay for something I have been getting for free was a popular comment
The people who I felt sorry for were the ones that were not able to receive cable TV due to their location and would miss out on the coverage
I think it was the best thing to happen to V8 Supercars for the avid TV viewer, the coverage is so much better now than the crap you used to get when it was on free to air TV
At the end of the day V8 Supercars is a business, it's that plain and simple, and I am sure they made the decision to switch from a business point of view

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
I love V8 Supercars only 10and a bit days to go. Didn't watch it much last year(only the free to air races), then got Foxtel for the last race, worth every cent. About time they got Skaife back in the commentary box. its all pay as you go these days unfortunately.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Yeah can't wait for it to start again
Credit where it's due though.....Even though I've never been a fan of Skaife, there is no denying that he knows his sh#t when it comes to the V8 Supercars, he does a great job of explaining how the cars work without being too technical and why the Car Of The Future was designed the way it was.
For those that don't know, Mark Skaife was heavily involved in the design of the COTF
It is also quite entertaining at times to see him commentate with Russel Ingall, two different characters/styles of ex-driver and I think they are a great combo as commentators