Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Frenzal's VR Commodore

Frenzal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec.
sweet car man, it's got potential :thumbsup:

I might be wrong, but the gray trim has a few bolts holding it in from behind inside the boot lid?
That's just what I saw from taking my tail lights out a few times, my trim was white already so I never had to take it out haha

Yeah they hold on the whole assembly (gray trim, black surround and number plate lights ) on to the boot. I've got that off but can't find how the individual trim actually separates, that is if it even comes off at all. If need be I could just mask up the rest to paint but it'd be kinda dodgy then.

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
Yeah they hold on the whole assembly (gray trim, black surround and number plate lights ) on to the boot. I've got that off but can't find how the individual trim actually separates, that is if it even comes off at all. If need be I could just mask up the rest to paint but it'd be kinda dodgy then.

The trim doesn't separate the black part, you just have to mask it.

I would suggest buying another trim and painting that because I did mine and got sick of it, you might be the same man.

Frenzal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec.
The trim doesn't separate the black part, you just have to mask it.

I would suggest buying another trim and painting that because I did mine and got sick of it, you might be the same man.

Nah it's faded and looks pretty disgusting. So anything I do to it is an improvement.

New pics after a good wash :)

425317_2656171576822_1631840385_1957430_1280409266_n.jpg

Attachments

• IMGP0762 copy.jpg
    IMGP0762 copy.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 186

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
Nah it's faded and looks pretty disgusting. So anything I do to it is an improvement.

New pics after a good wash :)

fair enough.

looks clean man, need some lows and some clear indicators :)

i pooed myself today i saw a vs crashed on the side of the road today coming home from work and it looked exactly like yours!

Frenzal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec.
fair enough.

looks clean man, need some lows and some clear indicators :)

i pooed myself today i saw a vs crashed on the side of the road today coming home from work and it looked exactly like yours!

Good thing it wasn't mine :) haha

Speaking of crashes. A fair while ago some knob ran a shopping trolley into my left front guard and left behind a fairly big dent. I just got around to knocking it out. There is still a bit of a crease left but at least it's not as bad as it used to be. I'd show some photos but it's honestly not that noticeable.

brad3394

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Acclaim
Good thing it wasn't mine :) haha

Speaking of crashes. A fair while ago some knob ran a shopping trolley into my left front guard and left behind a fairly big dent. I just got around to knocking it out. There is still a bit of a crease left but at least it's not as bad as it used to be. I'd show some photos but it's honestly not that noticeable.

what dogs! im waiting for the day someone does that to me, but when it happens ill be soo pissed off!

Frenzal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec.
SuperCrap Auto Chrome tip = 50 extra Horsepowaaaa!

I had to spend my gift cards on something and at least it covers the rust ;) I also picked up a new oil filter and a neat little socket and spanner set.

Attachments

• IMGP0763.jpg
    IMGP0763.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 226

Frenzal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec.
Hectic lights brah. Started as a joke but I left them cause they actually look pretty slick. I want to do all my dash and stuff red now too.

IMGP1301.JPG