Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fresh VE pics!!!

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by blackahcdx, May 29, 2006.

1. elljay

elljay New Member

Members Ride:
    Slammed VS Berlina
    tryed, but as soon as they saw me with the pic phone they closed it! so dam close tho!

2. Full Spectrum

Full Spectrum Bro it's a VW your Audi!

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
    Trust me I'm on the road today and i got the tennis balls to jump under the bonnet, I'm also heading out to a massive holden dealers today so I'll be on the look out as i have seen something hiding down the back way way behind all the new cars that didn't look VZ and had wide guards:D I wasn't sure but it's hard to see 35 meters back with 5 rows of cars blocking it.
    I'll be looking for intercoolers and turbo:D

Them pics i bet are the enduro test they come from Melbourne and i bet they are doing the hard yards in testing now before there ready, They look a mess.

3. Full Spectrum

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
    You know whats funny that new Audi look front is very VZ, And holden done the VZ front before Audi went to that look.
    Holden or some at holden have always had a thing for Audi.

4. drewins

drewins swear word

Members Ride:
    VS Commodore wagon
    So now when you get hit by a car you wont be hurt by the windscreen wipers you will only be hurt by smashing into the windscreen. Those bloody windscreen wipers do all the damage. Everyone should stop bagging the VE and WM before they actually see it when it comes out. I bet most of your opinions will change. I havnt heard one person at holdens not say it is a good looking car. Also know a couple of people who have driven an SS and WM and they said it was awesome. It i also the first locally manufactured car to come standard with ESP. Not only is it good looking and powerful, it is one of the safest cars being made.

5. Full Spectrum

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
    I was on the road today on the look out for VE's, And all i found was a bloody Hummer:p:whistling

Attached Files:

6. ziggee

ziggee Guest

i know this is an old thread, but I actually had a drag against one... and they move quick....

7. Full Spectrum

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
    The Hummer?

8. Stoney!

Stoney! Guest

Is it just me or are the guards in the photos a little wider than normal, if they are normally that wide then i reef my comments back about how good they look, if not..... Can anyone say AWD.

I have heard a lot of talk about them not being AWD, but those fenders are MASSIVE!

Stoney!

9. fourstar82

fourstar82 Head Chef Honcho

Members Ride:
    VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
    From all information I have gathered (from here and other forums), there will be no AWD in the VE, however that does not rule out AWD for model updates in the future, ala VF, etc... VE is said to be designed so it can be turned into an AWD, so never say never!

10. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
    91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
    I thought HSV were planning to continue with an AWD vehicle into the VE? With the 6.0L variant rather than it being one of the few with the old 5.7L

woah its weird to refer to the 5.7 litre as 'old'

11. fourstar82

fourstar82 Head Chef Honcho

Members Ride:
    VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
    HSV definately won't be using the 5.7lt Gen 3 anymore as it doesn't meet emissions requirements that came into place at the start of 2006. Where did you hear of the rumour that HSV would be offering an AWD VE varient? Its the first I've heard of it.

12. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
    Thats what confuses me...Because dont they still sell the Coupe4, Avalanche and Avalanche XUV? Perhaps the HSV variant 5.7Litre has been modified to meet the new euro standards that came in January 1st?

*Edit*
    I just looked for the article but I cannot find it. It was an article about why there would be no AWD HSV's with the 6.0L Gen IV in the VZ range...I do not remember the reason as to why but they said it was pointless doing the modifications necessary for only the VZ model (i think something to do with the VY-VZ range being capable to handle the LS2 torque and power due to body or drivetrain issues?), and it seemed to suggest that the AWD setup would be matched to the 6.0 Litre in the future.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  13. drewins

drewins swear word

Members Ride:
    VS Commodore wagon
    the back wheels arches look small. They look bigger than that in real life.

14. dergage

dergage Guest

15. Nikkojoe

Nikkojoe Member

Members Ride:
    AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
    Nice seats, although i dont think im a fan of the colour coded crash pad :/.

SS looks like it picks up sequential shift :)

16. andrewmac

andrewmac Member

Members Ride:
    S2 VE SS
    So does any one have any theories on what dashs belong to which model.
    The one with the hmmm shall we say "original" orange dash is the SS.
    The one with the single display which is on top of the dash without the hood looks to be the base model and the one wiht the hood on it looks to be a bit higher up than base but what, I highly doubt it would be the Calais and first spy shots that we saw was supposedly the Berlina so whats left would the Acclaim (or whatever it is you kids are calling it these days) get a different dash to the base model???
    Thoughts people ?

17. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
  18. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
    Will they even have an Acclaim? And will the base model remain the Executive or be the Omega? Why change it to Omega now when they commodores have always been based on the Opel Omega but given a different name?

19. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
    There is an interesting point on another page there about the other interior pics we have of what was thought to be the Berlina. It has the colour TFT screen which the base models in the pics DONT have, yet THIS one doesnt have the Info? screen:

Notice there is NO Info Screen but has woodgrain on the dash, TFT Screen and also a luxurious Steering wheel, but a standard Auto:
    [​IMG]

In this pic there is NO TFT Screen, but there IS an Info screen but without a hood, no woodgrain and less luxy steering wheel:
    [​IMG]

In this pic there is NO TFT Screen, but again there IS an Info screen and this time it has a hood but no woodgrain and less luxo steering wheel again:
    [​IMG]

In this pic of the SS there is both a TFT screen and an Info screen with a hood but the steering wheel doesnt seem to have the chrome like the first pic, but it DOES have sequential shift auto:
    [​IMG]

Heres the rest so you dont have to follow the link anyway...Notice the older VX style SS logo taped over and the way the rear seat material does not seem to fit properly (especially in the centre):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks to LS1.com for the pics of course and dergage for the link...(not sure if i was meant to reference or what)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  20. Laila

Laila Guest

Is it just me or does anyone else think the VE shape looks like an old "seat", plus with all the cheap asian parts on the new model, who will be running out to buy one in a hurry???

I'll just sit back and wait for the series II - at best:flame: