Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fresh VE pics!!!

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by blackahcdx, May 29, 2006.

1. 3.8L of executive power!!

3.8L of executive power!! New Member

Members Ride:
    94 holden belina sedan 5L V8
    if those photos of the new VE are correct when its realesed, my own opinion of course, UGLY as im sure we dont want the new commy to look like a vectra on steroids!!

Charg'd likes this.
  2. Full Spectrum

Full Spectrum Bro it's a VW your Audi!

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
  3. greenfoam

greenfoam New Member

Members Ride:
    VP Executive R-spec
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  4. Troy711

Troy711 Retired Old Fart Staff Member

Members Ride:
    2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
    yea, 19s as standard!!

5. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
    91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
    woahhh cheers for the pics man. Does this mean 20's could be optional on the SS? I would say standard 20's on HSV definitely...Awesome!

The interior quality looks really really good and the more I see of the car, the better it gets!

6. BadMac

BadMac New Member

Members Ride:
    VX SS.
    Heres a montage I put together. The dashes are confirmed. There are 3 basic dashes (1 Sports, 2 Luxury, 3 Up Market). There are small variations in these between models ie the chrome treatment on Calais is on top of standard (Berlina) Luxury dash. The SSV seams to have the extra TFT as well as the high mounted (electronic instruments?) cluster.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

Confirmed Model range.
    Omega Base
    Omega with Safety Pack (Active Head Restraints and Curtain Airbags)
    SV6
    SV6 with Option Pack (Leather, Curtain Airbags)
    Berlina
    SS (Spec similar to current SV8)
    SS V-Series (SS with upgrades introduced with SS-Z)
    Calais
    Calais V-Series
    Statesman
    Caprice
    The 'V series' models are the same as the base models but with extra fruit; the difference is much the same as the difference between WL Statesman and Caprice (The difference between SS and SS-V is similar to the difference between VZ SV8 and SS [Better seats, full climate control, better trim, leather, etc.]).

No Turbo
    No Exec
    No Lumina
    No Acclaim
    No 4WD

Other Facts many of these have come from HFV6 on LS1, others are from various sources. Thank you all who have supplied snippits.
    Release to media is 14 July on Gold Coast. On sale is 18 August.
    Only Omega has 4 speed Auto
    All others have 5 or 6 speed Autos. Neither Holden nor HSV will be using anything other than autos from GM Powertrain (NO ZF!!).
    All V8's will have 6 speed autos.
    It will be VE and the next one (after VEII) will be VF.
    Ute is internally confirmed for August 2007. Ute mirrors Passenger car lineup with Base, SV6, SS and SS-V models. Looks very cool - tub sides slope downward from front of car to back.
    Wagon for early 2008. The wagon is much more of a 'Sports Wagon' than the current wagon, think Saab 9-3 SportCombi in terms of theme.
    VZ Crewman to continue until 2008 with no replacement planned.
    Colour-coded dashes are an option on some models. Ignition (Orange), Sting red (Red) and Onyx (Black) are available. The variables are paint colour, leather colour, trim colour, instrument colour. These aren't fully flexible.
    20 inch wheels are a HBD option and the car has been calibrated for them to allow accurate speedometer readings
    SS has 19" standard and 20" are a HBD option. HSZ will have 20" standard.
    HSV E series will be released 1 month after VE.
    The V6 will come in 2 variants, Neither will exceed 200Kw's

Colours
    Red Passion - Basically Shang hai Renamed
    Sandstorm - A very light metallic Gold
    Nickel - A darker Version of Quick Silver
    Evoke - A very dark metallic Grey
    Odyssey
    Vespers
    Sting Red - AKA Red Hot
    Heron White
    Quick Silver
    Phantom Black
    Provence - Very light Metallic blue (Presumed main colour for Calais)
    Ignition - Possible Hero Colour
    Morpheous - Possible Hero Colour

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  7. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
    Why does the luxury (Berlina) pic show a 4 speed auto if its only available in the Omega base?

Will 5 and 6 speed auto's all be sequential shift?

I dont like the idea of the Calais and Calais-V or the Omega replacing the Executive..Seems odd when its the first commodore not based on the Opel Omega, yet now they decide to name it the Omega.

8. BadMac

BadMac New Member

Members Ride:
    VX SS.
    It doesn't. The Berlina has a 5 speed, the shifter is P N D 4 3 L, not P N D 3 2 1, this was dismissed many posts ago.

Blame Mooney for the V and Omega.

9. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
    Yeah but I mean theres the pic that shows a 1-2-3-D-N-R-P order gearbox, with the silver surround.
    In the pic it seems to be a match with the Upmarket or Luxury style dash?
    Rather than the Omega style dash in your montage

[​IMG]

10. Full Spectrum

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
    Very Suss that:D I think they all have babies make out like they are family people:D "When you think of holden, Think family":p

NP:driving: , Strange as it is i love the base interior the most it's so un base like it's great:D.
    20" HBD and they will recalibrate the speedo for them:D Does that mean 21" for HSV? Unless 19" HBD SS-V... 18" Standard?

11. greenfoam

greenfoam New Member

Members Ride:
    VP Executive R-spec
    The big question I have for Holden is..
    Are they going to let you have a V8 in any model you want? or will they still be "modelist" like they have been in the last few years and only letting you have a V8 in the high spec models, because that really sucks. If I was to get a new car it would be the Omega with a V8 and 6 speed manual with FE2 and LSD, but I would also be straight in the spare parts door to order my orange dash panels :D

12. minux

minux Infidel Bear

Members Ride:
    300rwkw FG G6ET/Specialized Tarmac SL4
    i cannot see SS's rolling on 19's, not as many family people will buy it for the fact of comfort, tyre price etc. Funny how people keep seemingly guessing as to whats happening. Whent hey are released, then i will believe what models will be what. Until then i will treat every new post about so called facts on the VE as heresay and nothing else.

13. sixshooter

sixshooter New Member

Members Ride:
    2x VS
    But think of the benefits...the 16yr olds wont need to do it when they get one in 10 years time !!! :D

14. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
    lol i have yet to see many '16 year olds' use a colour that hideous on their dash though...

15. Troy711

Troy711 Retired Old Fart Staff Member

Members Ride:
    2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
    i saw that new purple colour the other day on a VZ.. it looked really nice, it was alot more silver in real life then in the pictures posted in another thread

16. drewins

drewins swear word

Members Ride:
    VS Commodore wagon
    I have no idea when they go on sale all i know about is the production. I could probably find out though.

17. dergage

dergage Guest

The launch of the all-new version of Australia's biggest selling car will be split into three main components - design, engineering and, lastly, the drive.

The three instalments are spread over three weeks from the middle of July until early August, a deliberate ploy by Holden to maximise media coverage.

The launch program begins with the reveal of the VE Commodore and a design briefing on July 16 and 17.

A week later, on July 24 and 25, the focus is on engineering. Holden will describe in detail and efforts that have gone in to the biggest vehicle project in the company's history.

The final component - and the most anticipated one - is a two-and-a-half day drive program taking place on July 31, August 1 and August 2.
    read more at www.drive.com.au or www.carsguide.com.au

cant wait

18. Full Spectrum

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
    The guy with most of the info has been spot on from day 1.
    Engine power, 4 Speed auto, The omega name, Models offered, GM 6speed not ZF, No Turbo, Option Colour dash, And Rims, Paint offered, He has not been off the mark once yet.

19. BadMac

BadMac New Member

Members Ride:
    VX SS.
    I hope you don't mean me, I just complied the list.
    HFV6 is a Holden insider who seems to be very well connected and releases just enough info to keep the interest ticking along. He also is happy to confirm things if you can put it togther ie my post on the 3 dashes, I posted the montage HFV6 told me what I had wrong, I corrected it and now we have either:
    1/ a well orchastrated disception (ie more that one insider has confirmed some elements across 7-8 different forums).
    2/ The truth released in a fashion which tells us what we know and rather than allowing speculation to fuel all kinds of mis-facts, instead we are directed in an appropriate direction (do we like orange dashes).

If you look at it the cars, the shots, the bras, the snippits, it starts to look like a grand plan, Holden had the VZ on its last legs, Ford had BF, Mitsi 380 etc, Holden have caused a lot of people to hold off VE releases to make up there minds. Its worked, look at the drop in BF/ poor 380 sales.

I am one of those who, based on the spy shots and snippits decided not to buy an SY Terri (I had signd up, but cancelled), instead to wait for the VE SS and then decide (and because I waited I get to choose between a SY-T and an SSV, what a hardship).

Full Spectrum likes this.
  20. Full Spectrum

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
    Yeah HFV6 he was on another forum i am on about 4 years ago, He back then had plenty of info on the Alloytech engine. He disappeared one day never to return, And he's named pops up it's like:eek:.

Must admit I'm not a fan of the colour dashes:D But there will be some that might go for them.
    I'm so much looking forward to hiring one as they come out at Avis, I have been in but still no info on the cars arrival just yet. I was hoping to have one for Bathurst this year:D

I'm still pretty shitty about no turbo model:mad: Many XR6T drivers are old VL turbo drivers and they would love to go into a new modern turbo V6.