Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fresh VE pics!!!

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
1991_Vn2nV said:
Why are there so many VE's just sitting in that carpark, especially with guys standing around looking under the bonnet like fu2 said? If only some1 had taken a pic of under the bonnet!!
Trust me I'm on the road today and i got the tennis balls to jump under the bonnet, I'm also heading out to a massive holden dealers today so I'll be on the look out as i have seen something hiding down the back way way behind all the new cars that didn't look VZ and had wide guards:D I wasn't sure but it's hard to see 35 meters back with 5 rows of cars blocking it.
I'll be looking for intercoolers and turbo:D

Them pics i bet are the enduro test they come from Melbourne and i bet they are doing the hard yards in testing now before there ready, They look a mess.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
daveb8 said:
wow - VERY nice pics

those bonnet grooves look identical to the ones on the VZ. looks nice though. in my opinion holden have made another very good looking car. i was worried for a while they would make it look crap like the 380 but they havent. looks like an audi a bit, not that thats a bad thing.
You know whats funny that new Audi look front is very VZ, And holden done the VZ front before Audi went to that look.
Holden or some at holden have always had a thing for Audi.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
So now when you get hit by a car you wont be hurt by the windscreen wipers you will only be hurt by smashing into the windscreen. Those bloody windscreen wipers do all the damage. Everyone should stop bagging the VE and WM before they actually see it when it comes out. I bet most of your opinions will change. I havnt heard one person at holdens not say it is a good looking car. Also know a couple of people who have driven an SS and WM and they said it was awesome. It i also the first locally manufactured car to come standard with ESP. Not only is it good looking and powerful, it is one of the safest cars being made.

Z

ziggee

i know this is an old thread, but I actually had a drag against one... and they move quick....

S

Stoney!

Is it just me or are the guards in the photos a little wider than normal, if they are normally that wide then i reef my comments back about how good they look, if not..... Can anyone say AWD.

I have heard a lot of talk about them not being AWD, but those fenders are MASSIVE!

Stoney!

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
From all information I have gathered (from here and other forums), there will be no AWD in the VE, however that does not rule out AWD for model updates in the future, ala VF, etc... VE is said to be designed so it can be turned into an AWD, so never say never!

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
fourstar82 said:
From all information I have gathered (from here and other forums), there will be no AWD in the VE, however that does not rule out AWD for model updates in the future, ala VF, etc... VE is said to be designed so it can be turned into an AWD, so never say never!

I thought HSV were planning to continue with an AWD vehicle into the VE? With the 6.0L variant rather than it being one of the few with the old 5.7L

woah its weird to refer to the 5.7 litre as 'old'