Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fresh VE pics!!!

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
HSV definately won't be using the 5.7lt Gen 3 anymore as it doesn't meet emissions requirements that came into place at the start of 2006. Where did you hear of the rumour that HSV would be offering an AWD VE varient? Its the first I've heard of it.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
fourstar82 said:
HSV definately won't be using the 5.7lt Gen 3 anymore as it doesn't meet emissions requirements that came into place at the start of 2006. Where did you hear of the rumour that HSV would be offering an AWD VE varient? Its the first I've heard of it.

Thats what confuses me...Because dont they still sell the Coupe4, Avalanche and Avalanche XUV? Perhaps the HSV variant 5.7Litre has been modified to meet the new euro standards that came in January 1st?

*Edit*
I just looked for the article but I cannot find it. It was an article about why there would be no AWD HSV's with the 6.0L Gen IV in the VZ range...I do not remember the reason as to why but they said it was pointless doing the modifications necessary for only the VZ model (i think something to do with the VY-VZ range being capable to handle the LS2 torque and power due to body or drivetrain issues?), and it seemed to suggest that the AWD setup would be matched to the 6.0 Litre in the future.

Last edited:

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
the back wheels arches look small. They look bigger than that in real life.

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
Nice seats, although i dont think im a fan of the colour coded crash pad :/.

SS looks like it picks up sequential shift :)

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
So does any one have any theories on what dashs belong to which model.
The one with the hmmm shall we say "original" orange dash is the SS.
The one with the single display which is on top of the dash without the hood looks to be the base model and the one wiht the hood on it looks to be a bit higher up than base but what, I highly doubt it would be the Calais and first spy shots that we saw was supposedly the Berlina so whats left would the Acclaim (or whatever it is you kids are calling it these days) get a different dash to the base model???
Thoughts people ?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
andrewmac said:
So does any one have any theories on what dashs belong to which model.
The one with the hmmm shall we say "original" orange dash is the SS.
The one with the single display which is on top of the dash without the hood looks to be the base model and the one wiht the hood on it looks to be a bit higher up than base but what, I highly doubt it would be the Calais and first spy shots that we saw was supposedly the Berlina so whats left would the Acclaim (or whatever it is you kids are calling it these days) get a different dash to the base model???
Thoughts people ?

Will they even have an Acclaim? And will the base model remain the Executive or be the Omega? Why change it to Omega now when they commodores have always been based on the Opel Omega but given a different name?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
There is an interesting point on another page there about the other interior pics we have of what was thought to be the Berlina. It has the colour TFT screen which the base models in the pics DONT have, yet THIS one doesnt have the Info? screen:

Notice there is NO Info Screen but has woodgrain on the dash, TFT Screen and also a luxurious Steering wheel, but a standard Auto:
ve1.jpg

In this pic there is NO TFT Screen, but there IS an Info screen but without a hood, no woodgrain and less luxy steering wheel:
44ap.jpg

In this pic there is NO TFT Screen, but again there IS an Info screen and this time it has a hood but no woodgrain and less luxo steering wheel again:
36ja.jpg

In this pic of the SS there is both a TFT screen and an Info screen with a hood but the steering wheel doesnt seem to have the chrome like the first pic, but it DOES have sequential shift auto:
18wt2.jpg

Heres the rest so you dont have to follow the link anyway...Notice the older VX style SS logo taped over and the way the rear seat material does not seem to fit properly (especially in the centre):
23nt.jpg
50eo1.jpg

Thanks to LS1.com for the pics of course and dergage for the link...(not sure if i was meant to reference or what)

Last edited:
L

Laila

Is it just me or does anyone else think the VE shape looks like an old "seat", plus with all the cheap asian parts on the new model, who will be running out to buy one in a hurry???

I'll just sit back and wait for the series II - at best:flame: