Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fresh VE pics!!!

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I don't know how anyone can pick Asian parts from pic's:p:p It's funny:d.

I personally wont to keep the berlina on i mean how can you have a poor mans Calais if there isn't a berlina??
But 2 Calais versions make sense with no berlina, Low spec everyday Calais with all options like the VYII Calais had. Calais-V with the Sporty side that was introduced with the VYII Calais. There are many people out there that love the Calais interior etc, And have always wanted something SS looking, So they made a Body kit for the VYII Calais tweaked the suspension and gave it still the luxo look inside, I like that luxury inside sport outside with handling.

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Get your bra off

With spy cam leaks appearing all over the net- new ones practically every day - it's almost becoming a bit of a farce.

Does anyone actually know when the bras are coming off and when we can actually see the whole damn car in the flesh?

Anyone - ie not just speculation?

Seems the timetable for any sort of infomation release is being kept very tight lipped. Even the motoring mags don't list the VE as a forthcoming model in their future line ups.

Ballport1998vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt Exec S1 3.8ecotec
You stole those pics from cheersandgears.com forum stoops:ranting:

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
ummm dude, they were on LS1 first, and recognition was noted there, so no need to get your knickers in a knot.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
guys, wouldnt it be obvious to say the small screen between the vents is climate control?

The red screen is an extra information screen from the looks of it, time/date outside temp etc etc. Plus, the vectra and asta have their info screens up top in the middle (on my mums anyway)

I'd say the big screen in the middle (where the current radios are in VY/VZs) is the satnav (if fitted), seems the logical place to put the biggest unit (IMHO).

Also dont quite get the differen knobs, not sure why they would have 2 in one setup and 3 in another.

EDIT: looking closer it seems that there are just too many options. Some cars can have one but not the other and it doesnt fit with the current lineup (which is why it's impossible for us to work it out).

I'd guess that having climate control would mean you only have 2 knows at the bottom (one for fanspeed, another for air position)
I'd also guess the big screen in the middle is connected to the stereo (because the slot is above it and connected). However, neither of the other two screens look good enough for satnav so i think maybe the premium stereos has satnav built in?
Then the LCD blue-ish screen could have the radio information because it seems cars without the centre window just have buton controls and it'd make sense to have a display window somewhere (like on the vectras)

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
OMG, i think ive hit something :p

The orange looking screen replaces the binacles of the current SS/HSV type models, has oil pressures etc etc listed there (if only we could see the gearknob in the other pic with the red screen - i'd bet it has the tiptronic selector)

The blue-ish screen is the basic model (need to display radio/time info somewhere)

The middle is the climate control and radio all in one? (if satnav is fitted maybe goes here too)

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I know there putting them into full production around the 10th of July so you shouldnt see them too far away from then

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
drewins said:
I know there putting them into full production around the 10th of July so you shouldnt see them too far away from then

I seem to remember you offered some sound predictions a few weeks back.

So if production commences in earnest 10th July - I guess a mid July Holden announcement sounds about right - meaning floor stock around late Augustish?