Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fresh VE pics!!!

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by blackahcdx, May 29, 2006.

1. blackahcdx

blackahcdx New Member

it ain't gunna be a hatch, and if it is i will bend over and eat my own ass :p

2. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
    91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
    :unsure: poo pirate! :yarr:

3. BadMac

BadMac New Member

Members Ride:
    VX SS.
    I can but its not a real photo. Its a chop of the red one above and to the left. The guy simply recoloured the Red to be the same black as the bra, then added the mags and the badges. Looks good, but not real, sorry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. BadMac

BadMac New Member

Members Ride:
    VX SS.
    This is the only subject that the 2 people on LS1 in the know have never answered or commented on, in spite of being directly asked. There silence is almost conformation.

When they were asked about Turbo, the replied catagorically not on VE S1 (although Tubro Diesel is lined up for VE2).
    When asked about 4WD, they said platform is designed to support it, but not on VE S1.
    When asked about dashes, they confirmed 3 base kinds.
    When asked about Engine sizes, they stated 2 HFV6's neither above 200Kw's
    When asked about Hatches, nothing, no reply, no denial, no conformation. For people who had been free with info (when asked to confirm) both insiders simply pretended the question wasn't asked.

5. SSV8pilot

SSV8pilot New Member

Members Ride:
    SSV- Manual Redhot
    Badmac - thanks for your diligent research on this and a number of other posts. Your summaries have been very helpful

6. BadMac

BadMac New Member

Members Ride:
    VX SS.
    Heres something to finish the night with. The grills match the model range except for the 2 mystery cars (same model), they don't fit. It also shows the White HSV grill doesn't fit the standard range.

[​IMG]

7. BadMac

BadMac New Member

Members Ride:
    VX SS.
    And one more.

The 3 pics appear to be SV6, SS and SS-V. Note the mags are shared SV6 to SS, and different on SS-V. Also note the rear tail lights, the SSV has clear ones.

[​IMG]

8. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
    Cheers BADMAC theres ome good pics there that I havent seen before :thumbsup:

9. greenfoam

greenfoam New Member

Members Ride:
    VP Executive R-spec
    I emailed Holden a quite a while ago and asked straight out, Why don't I see the hatchback yet.

They told me "We advise that Holden is yet to announce Australian launch timing or local specifications and features for the upcoming VE series. This information will be available closer to its release date."

They didn't say dude, there is no hatchback!, so I take that as yes the hatch back is comming but it's a secret :) in my vivid imagination anyway. It's also my opinion that the original black VE from the states was a hatchback, if you look in at the rear parcel shelf you can see that there is something very different about that car. I could even imagine that all test hatchbacks were and are still in the states deep inside some GM testing facility to hide them better (if they exsist at all). But I feel the presence of the hatchback Torana :), even if it is a slightly fat/spaz 4 door version :)

10. Full Spectrum

Full Spectrum Bro it's a VW your Audi!

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
    Yes i think your right,
    I once emailed them and asked about Holden being owned by anyone here or anyone from the Holden family.
    They told me holden was fully owned by GM now they are no more or less Australian then kraft nestle etc.

Straight answer. Your answer dogged.

11. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:

Holden has been completely owned by General Motors since 1931...

As for the hatchback, I think its hard to read into the reply from Holden. If they straight out answered NO to everything that was incorrect, people could simply narrow information down. They wont confirm or deny anything!

12. SSV8pilot

SSV8pilot New Member

Members Ride:
    SSV- Manual Redhot
    Wouldn't it be funny if the production version had the faux side vents taped on the car and if Holden offered the car bras as an accessory - kinda got used to seeing the VE with the car bra on now.

13. Full Spectrum

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
    The Holden family and the body builders still owned a share of holden for many years after that, It wasn't until GM got meaner maybe when holden started to struggle that they bought more and more.
    I know a guy that could sit you down and tell you some stuff you wouldn't believe, He hates GM his not a young man but he recalls the tricks that were done by the U.S and GM to holden back 50+ years ago. today he has a massive hate for both the U.S and GM. He might have worked for them back 50+ years ago but he doesn't say to much on that side But he has a massive wealth of knowledge of holden early days and cars in general.
    He spoke of a time he was coming to Melbourne with no car and got a lift with David Morley who was testing the new GT this is in the 60's i think, I didn't know he was that old Morley?.

14. blackahcdx

blackahcdx New Member

15. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Random

Members Ride:
    2016 Golf GTI PP
    Since sunday,i've seen 2 VE's round the Burnside/Caroline Springs area. One was red and looked like the SS shown in some of the pics, and the other was black with some chrome on it which I think could have been a Calais.

Unfortunatly my phone was flat once and I didn't have it with me the second time!

Any news/thoughts on a Statesman/Caprice? Sorry if someone has already posted about Statesman. I missed it if they did!

Edit:- Just looked at the links that blackahcdx posted and it was the black Calais V I saw.

16. Full Spectrum

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
    Did you notice and LED taillights on it??

17. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Random

Members Ride:
    2016 Golf GTI PP
    No,I didn't see the back of it! Are they Audi style things? They'll look good if they are.

18. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
    Taken from "The Holden Heritage". Excellent read if you have the time....incredibly detailed. I havent read all of it though, there too much.
    Then a year later:
    Back on topic... That Calais-V looks incredibly nice. Very upmarket with the chrome and black combination. I agree with the article, very AMG Mercedes style. Looks tops!

19. andyman

andyman The Only 6sp VZ Wagon

Members Ride:
    2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
    heres an orange ve if people havnt seen it
    0,10114,5178120,00.jpg

20. Full Spectrum

Members Ride:
    Berlina V6
    A little bit but maybe larger?.
    I kid you not, A couple of years ago i read something completely different to that, It went on that over the years GM bought more and more of HMBB.
    But the price was the same.
    But it was said HMBB were worth double that easy, The land they owned was worth a mint and GM got the bargain of all bargains.